New, first time ever in forum

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: quixote, Harmony, Jonesy

wildheart

New, first time ever in forum

Post by wildheart » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself here. This is my first time being a part of any forum or discussion. I’ve tried therapy and had little success unfortunately.

I’m trying to be more accepting with my trauma and heal from it. I’ve spent a lot of time in denial and avoidance of my past. Basically my entire life I’ve been abused by various people in numerous ways, including abuse by members of my own family.

I’ve suffered neglect, emotional abuse, physical abuse, mental abuse, verbal abuse, and sexual abuse for years throughout my entire childhood (and even some after).

My goal is to be able to gain enough courage and strength to disclose the details of this abuse (mainly the sexual abuse) to my partner of almost 10 years.

I’m hoping being a part of this forum can help me achieve that along with some healing and closure.

Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
wildheart

Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: New, first time ever in forum

Post by Jonesy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Hi wildheart

A very warm welcome to isurvive - may you soon feel at home ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org

Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:55 am

Hi and welcome, wildheart. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity

Watercolor

Post by Watercolor » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:35 pm

I am so glad you found your way here. I hope writing and connecting helps much

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:26 pm

Hello and welcome.

Coconuts

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:25 pm

Hi wildheart,

I have just joined this forum today. Like you this is new to me.
I have been with my wife since we were 16, and I'm 37 now. She was aware of minor things from around the time that we got together (my mother's controlling behaviour and the physical abuse - not that I called it that back then). But it's only been the last year that I have been struggling with the past trauma badly. Over the years I have told her bits and pieces of what I am now acknowledging and trying to accept was abuse, but the past year has been hard going opening up about it all. Even knowing each other so well didn't make it any easier to disclose things to her. I felt as if I was that little child again. Sure I cried a lot, I felt awkward too, but it was also a relief to be able to tell her. I haven't gone into details as such - that may well come in time.
Everyone is different and we have all got different experiences and are unique, so there really isn't one approach to it. Look after yourself, go at your pace, and make sure that your partner fully understands what your expectations are when you disclose. If you can, try and find some resources that will support them in supporting you.
I'm early in my acknowledging my past and dealing with my issues, so I only speak from my experience this past year.

Take care of yourself wildheart. Let's hope we both find this a great place for help, advice and acceptance.

ajei

Post by ajei » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:49 pm

It's good to meet you wildheart...I look forward to seeing you around.

ajei

wildheart

Post by wildheart » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:37 am

Thank you all for your replies! I’m honestly so happy to be here. It means so much to have support from people who understand :cry:
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to no triggering language nor content.
wildheart

heavenlydove

Post by heavenlydove » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Hi Wildheart,
You have taken a really brave step coming forward to share your struggles in a forum like this - hope it will be of help to you. I wish you luck in your recovery journey.
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering content nor language

wildheart

Post by wildheart » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:35 pm

hi heavenlydove,

thank you so much for your words of encouragement. glad to be a part of this forum. it’s already brought me some much needed relief. hope to see you around!
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
wildheart