First time, first group ever and grateful

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Chana

Re: First time, first group ever and grateful

Post by Chana »

Hi Serenity and all, Please accept my apologies for my mistakes in my first posts with the trigger colors and the external link here.

I realize there is a lot of triggering detail in my original post and I hope I was able to change the icon in this post for the thread. If not, may I please ask the moderators help?

I am deeply grateful to be here. In the last few days the posts that I've read, have really opened my worldview from being darkly alone tortured by my terrible experiences and what recovery can be like.

Thank you all for being so brave and kind here.
Last edited by Serenity on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed ST to NT as no triggering detail included
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

The trigger warnings are applied to every individual post. The moderators will adjust the trigger warnings sometimes up or down to help.

Welcome again
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Lorelai

Post by Lorelai »

Welcome Chana! I am so sorry for all the things that happened in your life that have made it so you need this group, but I am glad that you were able to find it. I have found it to be helpful to be able to get out how I am feeling in a safe space that I personally do not have in real life aside from therapy. I hope you will find it just as helpful here.
Chana

Post by Chana »

Thank you, Lorelai. It has been like I've been hiding inside a tiny closet thinking no one would understand, and finding a home where there are many many rooms and closets and gardens full of others who understand. It's like arriving at a new world, when I've had the darkest thoughts of leaving my small dark place inside. I was laid off yesterday, although I have all the usual fears that will come with that. I feel like I'm still grateful to have more time to wander in here and find familiars to share comfort. Thank you all for being here.
Last edited by Chana on Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Chana

A very warm welcome to isurvive - sorry I'm late to your thread... I took a couple of days off ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org