Hi, Newbie and Anxious

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Lorelai

Hi, Newbie and Anxious

Post by Lorelai »

I do not really know what to say. I am a teacher, and try to focus on my work to not think about everything else. I was abused for most of my life but I am not sure how to even begin talking about it or dealing with it. I started therapy a few months ago, but I am afraid to open up to them about it as well.

This is probably a pathetic introduction, sorry. Thank you for having me here.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Hi, Newbie and Anxious

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Lorelai

That was a perfect introduction. A warm welcome from me - glad you found us ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

That was an absolutely fine introduction. :) Welcome here too - hope you find it a help on your journey. I certainly understand feeling anxious and being hesitant to open up to others when we didn't speak for so long. Yes, even to counsellors sworn to fully confidential secrecy. ;) It's a hard but very brave thing to do, although it can take time and only has to happen when you're ready for it.

Take care good care now! You're worth it. :)
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Welcome, Lorelai!

Hard as it is to share, I think in time you'll find relief to not remain alone with such painful secrets.
ajei

Post by ajei »

Hi Lorelai...it's really good to meet you. We're here listening when you feel ready to say more, no pressure. Take good care of yourself.

ajei
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome. So sorry for the pain that brings you here.

Many of us struggle facing our painful pasts and talking about them. Its a difficult thing to do for sure.

I am a teacher as well. I definitely throw a lot of myself into my work to avoid facing my trauma. I find it centers me again when I feel overwhelmed with dealing with my past. Not always the best coping mechanism being as i have a family who needs me as well.

Coconuts
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.