Coronavirus

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

coconuts

Re: Coronavirus

Post by coconuts » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Its such a hard situation right not jimscarlet. Understanding how lonely and terrible this must feel. Reach out and connect with people which ever ways you can. Online, telephone, etc. Its a common feeling right now. There are a lot of lonely people and we are all feeling trapped.

quixote

Post by quixote » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:16 am

Yes, it is time to reach out. We have each other to lean on.
quixote

tabby

Post by tabby » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:09 am

We are in the middle of USA. Only a few cases here so far. Most everything is shut down.
Saw T online today through telehealth. It was.. different. better than nothing tho.
Mostly discussed ways to survive "social distancing" and help our parts work together.
Been video chatting with family over the internet and eating and youtube.
Also (gasp!) cleaning around the house a bit.
Hope everyone here stays well 😊
tabby ... Just keep your head above... Swim

Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:05 pm

Dear tabby,

Great work making the best of a difficult time for all of us. I think we at isurvive are ahead of things having each other to talk with and reach out to one another.

glad to see you,
Harmony

Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:52 am

Great to see you jimscarlet, welcome home

I would just like to remind everyone of our chat room - it's a great place to find instant connection (so long as someone is there ;) )
Please don't feel anxious about coming to chat. There is no voice or video capability... just typed words on a screen and it may help with those disconnected feelings which are beginning to ramp up in many of us.
  • If you are not a member and would like access? Please email me
    If you are a member and require a password reset? That's easy so send me an email
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9344

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9473
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org

wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:05 am

I just checked the chat room but no one was there; it's okay. I'll check another time.
I was thinking of how others are doing in this ordeal after such huge changes (without choice) in daily life.
Yesterday, I intentionally listened inside and the feelings started coming up- trapped, isolated, vulnerable- what survivors feel.
I felt like I was living in a bomb shelter, waiting for the tragedy to hit. Little me in the basement, waiting.
So I reached out to one of my therapists and he helped adult me reorganize those feelings. Then I talked with my inside parts and tried to show them that I was living in the moment and enjoying nature. I took them out of the basement and into my backyard where the birds are jumping around on branches and in bushes, butterflies are floating from flower to flower, and the redwood tree is waving hello.
It helped me lighten that fear.
I also told myself that I don't have to protect my children from their feelings about this stay at home mandate. They can handle it. When their anxiety gets high, I can help them redirect it but I don't have to try and prevent them from feeling their feelings. I had been doing that for a few weeks now and it was creating a lot of stress for me.
Since I enjoy being alone, this hasn't been all that hard for me, but I do wish I could see my therapists in person. They are only doing video conferencing. Little me feels abandoned.

I hope everyone is doing okay. Sending a dandelion petal your way~~~

wolfspirit
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi

quixote

Post by quixote » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:01 pm

Everybody,
Do the best you can to stay connected now. It is an uncertain time for all of us.
quixote

Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi wolfspirit,

It sounds as though your inner team are working hard and well through the international crisis. There are lots of people her air isurvive that are fragmented and who are struggling. Certainly being forced into quarantine is triggering for many survivors. We as a group do not do well with being forced by authority.

You are welcome to hang out here at isurvive all you want. It is great for you to share what works for you and yours. Thank you for the update. So well done so far. Stay connected. The welcome mat at isurvive is open.

with comfort and company,
Harmony

Sherlocked

Post by Sherlocked » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Has anyone else been thrown into sudden cold turkey withdrawal from whatever their vice is? All thanks to caronavirus related quarantine.

I am and I’m going crazy.

Binge-eating disorder, this is the first time I’ve ever been thrown head-on into a forced withdrawal. Plus... plus I’m getting over what I suspect has been a mild form of COVID19 being that I’m finally getting my sense of taste back.

It is hell, ontop of not being able to go out I’ve never had this strong a drive to go and binge, ever and I can’t. Plus, I’m going stir crazy living at home w my parents (who have no idea I have my eating disorder to begin with).

Advice anyone? I hate this so much. :*(
Last edited by quixote on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: trigger level should be NT
"There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope." - Stephen Hawking

wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Hi Sherlocked
Sorry about this situation. I understand compulsion as it can take over and make things super stressful. Maybe just think about what that part of you that needs to binge is telling you- is it fear, boredom, restlessness- is there anything that can soothe that need?
Is there a helpline for BED? Maybe reach out to them since you're not alone in these feelings. There are many other people struggling with withdrawal, including me.
I am trying to just keep moving my body and check in here more often.

Glad to hear you're getting over a virus and especially if it is the crazy one that is controlling our lives right now.

sending gentle hugs,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi