Coronavirus

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Squiggy

Coronavirus

Post by Squiggy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:07 am

How's everyone making out with everything going on related to the coronavirus? Anyone get sick or have to stay home for an extended period?

I haven't done either (yet). They've put in place some new procedures at work, and the Governor has temporarily restricted restaurants and other places, but what I hate most of all (so far) is the omnipresent smell of disinfectants. It reminds me too vividly of the times my mother used to spray me down with Lysol, even in the face. Isolation and confinement would bring up a lot more bad memories, if it ever comes to that. Maybe the bitch wasn't completely crazy, just a few decades ahead of her time.

Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jonesy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi Squiggy

Thanks for starting this thread - the coronavirus will be affecting us all in so many different ways.
Schools finally closing here in the UK
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:08 pm

Schools closed here. Serious rations on many groceries. 1 gallon milk, 4 rolls toilet paper, 1 dozen eggs,2 loaves of bread. I'm teaching from home now. Governor also closed most "non-essential " businesses. Though none of us quite knows what that means. Restraunts are only open if they can offer delivery or pick up/ drive thru options.

Its a mess and it feels like it changes hourly.

quixote

Post by quixote » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Squiggy,
So far so good. Working at home. Lots of places are closed. The trains and buses are still running however.
Stay safe, stay healthy.
quixote

Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:36 pm

I have had my 86 year old mother-in-law come to live with us because all of our care providers have requested that family step in if possible.
She is in fabulous physical health for her age, but she has dementia and her brain isn't allowing her to process everything properly. This is bringing much confusion as she tries to understand the gravity of the situation. Have spent much of today trying to keep her busy to lessen her anxiety :(
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org

Watercolor

Post by Watercolor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:46 pm

Oh my! Jonesy, you really have your hands full. That sounds very difficult and stressful. My hat's off to you.

ajei

Post by ajei » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:21 am

Hi everyone,

Grateful this place has always offered support and friendship in times of need. We can do this. It may be an uncertain time for all of us but together we thrive. Lots of resources out there offering ideas and support for our mental health and many positive and funny stories to give us hope.

Stay safe everyone.

ajei

Sherlocked

Post by Sherlocked » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:07 pm

This has been difficult and we’re just on day 3 of our “stay at home” orders. I’m out of my job temporarily, I hate that I’m not able to go out as much as I used to. Me and my parents are all high risk so the anxiety in the house between me and my mom has been amplified.

Personally, this has really amplified my eating disorder addictions. Being cut off from going outside has only fueled my desire to binge eat, even though I can’t. :*( I hate not being able to go out because, I had mentioned this to my therapist (if you can get yourself an amazing online therapy service, do it), when I’m outside - out of my home, I feel like my true self. Outside I don’t need to hide I’m transgender.

The anxiety from everything has reignited a lot of what I had previously worked through in therapy.

I’m scared I’m going to get sick and be hurt by doctors. It’s been hell and I’ve felt alone through all this.
"There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope." - Stephen Hawking

Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:29 am

Sherlocked and everyone,

These are difficult, uncertain, and scary times. You aren't alone. Isurvive is here always. We're all in this together.

With care,
Serenity

jimscarlet

Post by jimscarlet » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi Peeps,
I've been cooped up for 3wks now,and it is hell.Phoned doc to put script in ahead of
time I need it (just in case),and they won't allow it,need to wait until previous script is done.
So stressed with this,as no friends or family,so desperately lonely and depressed.
jimscarlet.
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering language nor content.