Checking back in

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Sherlocked

Checking back in

Post by Sherlocked » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Hello everybody,
It's been a while but I'm checking back in here. I'm still with my therapist (have been in therapy a whole year since January 8, 2019), am busy still working on my Bachelor's degree, and... still facing the eating disorders and dealing with life as a survivor. I feel I've made progress but there's still the trappings that happen, which is why I'm checking back here. Does everybody have good days and bad days?
"There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope." - Stephen Hawking

dancingfish

Re: Checking back in

Post by dancingfish » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:59 pm

Lovely to see you here, and glad you feel you've been making progress. :)

Very much have good days and bad days, though kind of feel I'm only halfway through whatever process I'm in! Remember reading though that when we feel we might have "gone back", we're not actually back to where we used to be - it's a different place, because we've taken a different path to get there.

So a bad day now isn't great, but it's a different and better creature to a bad day from before recovery started in earnest. I'm not sure I'm being very clear, but thinking on this gave me a bit more patience and gentleness for myself.

You're making changes for you every day, because you deserve to thrive. Best of luck with it, it's hard work but so very worth it. :) And *you* are particularly worth it!

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:23 am

Hi Sherlocked. Yes we all have the good and the bad days but as long as you are working on healing you are making progress. Just being aware and striving for better puts you in a better position for even better days moving forward.

Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi Sherlocked,

Answer to your question: definitely.

quixote

Post by quixote » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 am

Sherlocked,
Yes, good days and bad days. I believe that it is the human condition: to live each day, brave the worst, then celebrate the best.
quixote