Hello

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Volat

Hello

Post by Volat »

I finally built up the courage to create an account here. Where I live the climate of abuse is very strong. The holidays are here and everyone in the US is amped and fearful in the worst way.

My current therapist wants me to find a more qualified counseling practice for my persistent polyfragmentation caused by RA. I've been told to find more qualified help by a growing list of providers. Books on the subject of multigenerational RA families, aka bloodliners, have been the biggest help. But I should have started softer than the literature that I began my healing journey with. My family and my husband's family hurt anyone and everyone they got their hands on. I don't want to be like them. I hate that I had to become scarier than my abusers in order to frighten them off. And when that didn't work I had to become more compassionate to get them to let go of me.

I have people to protect now. I have a sense of value in my work and accomplishments. If I let RA turn me into a worse person than the generations before me I will let myself and everyone down. I just can't play Christian cover identity well. The horrors I saw also enamored me and wended their ways into the deepest foundations of my art.
Last edited by Harmony on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT no triggering detail
greendreamdays

Re: Hello

Post by greendreamdays »

Hi Volat, welcome to the forum. Sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.
Volat

Post by Volat »

greendreamdays wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 am Hi Volat, welcome to the forum. Sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.
Thank you, I really appreciate you welcoming me.
Last edited by Harmony on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT no triggering detail
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Welcome volat
Sounds like a lot you are working through and I’m so sorry for what you endured. I think you have made a great decision in joining I survive. I hope you find the support and love here that you deserve.
Chessgirl
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi Volat,

Welcome to isurvive. Glad you have the courage to post. Well done! Remember that our board while very safe has areas that are password protected from the public and those that are not. If you can see a post without logging in, then it is public. If you need a private space just for yourself try Our Stories. You will have company now for your healing road. You matter here and are heard.

all the best,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Volat

A belated, but warm welcome to isurvive - glad you found us ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Progress

Post by Progress »

Welcome Volat .
Glad you’re here,
Progress