Protests and marches

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Crow

Re: Protests and marches

Post by Crow »

You have said this already here Aspen. And I have said also that this was on topic.
This topic is about finding a voice after abuse. Whether it be protesting and campaigning for abuse laws to be changed, against oppression or whatever. And more specifically, it is written from my over thinking mind. One that suffers anxiety to speak up. Anxiety to dare to express my opinion. Anxiety to post here.

In the guidelines there are trigger warnings. Some specific mentions are on religion, profanity etc. Politics isn't mentioned. But if it was, it would fall under a trigger warning of either yellow or red wouldn't it? How does religion differ from politics?

As I stated before, this is not about politics. I was asking for help about an urge I have to protest. I actually thought it was silly posting because I feel odd about these urges to speak up considering my abuse and being silenced when having anything to say.
Ironic in that here of all places I've been shut down even on the Open Forum where off topic is allowed... and this is very much on topic.
Genuinely, guidelines should be looked at and what is and is not allowed to be mentioned stated.
There are members here with neurodiversiry who may need gentle encouragement and pointers to what is political or not too. And maybe my stupid naivety and disinterest in politics has shown through here. But I guess I won't be believed on that part either.
Feeling rather attacked today. Maybe a gentle and genuine email yesterday would have been best to deal with these perceived issues.
So upset at this.
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Tryingtostayafloat

Post by Tryingtostayafloat »

I guess I don't understand how it is political if it is factual?
We were just having a conversation and connection about what we would like to have the voice to stand up for.

I've also lost people, am a key worker, this pandimic is the reason I fell into this huge whole I couldn't get out off. But it's not even about covid. We're talking about the global emergancy the whole world needs healing, it is about healing.
I put my thing to may trigger. I didn't say anything to offend anyone.

Its sad that this has been attacked in this way and has left Crow feeling there is no place here.

I don't even listen to the news anymore or follow what they talk about, I'm not forcing my opinions on people. We were just exchanging what we would like to have the courage for now we have our voices back.

Would it not have been kinder to change it to ST

Tryingtostayafloat
I thought my heart was failing
Hey you're ok, you seem to be still standing
Flashes appeared in the corner of my eyes, I saw the stars and I didn't ask why
Heard the voices and caught my breath
So close and yet so far from death
-Florence + the machine
Tryingtostayafloat

When I say I Don't isten to the news and follow what they talk about. I don't mean covid (just wanted that to be clear.) covid has affected me and the people I love.

I just re read and I could see where the confusion may be.
-Florence + the machine
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Tryingtostayafloat, I agree with you.
Chessgirl
Tryingtostayafloat

Thank you for validating me Chessgirl.
-Florence + the machine
Aspen

Post by Aspen »

To clarify,

There is no problem with talking about forming opinions or wanting to act on them. The problem comes when starting to list the opinions out because of the high tension level already present in society, and by extension, here also. We do have members from all over the world (including Israel), people who have lost loved ones to Co-Vid, front lines workers and the like, and our members choose a variety of news sources.

We recognize we have members with individual opinions on all spectrums on these issues. What makes us united is that we are all affected by child abuse, and are working towards healing from it. This is our forum focus.

In the interest in remaining a safe space for all survivors, it is best if we stick to issues directly related to our healing from child abuse. All are welcome. We are simply asking that the conversation return to our forum focus.

Aspen
Crow

Post by Crow »

Thanks Tryingtostayafloat and Chessgirl. I'm genuinely lost in all of this. If there was something in the guidelines prohibiting talking about world events as part of our healing journey I could understand. There isn't. This was about healing and after effects of abuse.
But it clearly appears that despite my pleas, what I have to say in response is not being listened to - which is triggering no end. I have not given opinions. All this has spiralled because I mentioned about my view on mainstream media. I didn't think that was a problem. I have shared no opinion about Covid, and I have been effected. But no one stops to ask me. It's like childhood - one person makes an incorrect assumption about me and forms a stupidly incorrect opinion and started talking nonsense abut me, and now I'm a bad guy.
Aspen, you keep repeating the Covid and Israel thing... I have given no personal view. And if I were to, I think people would be embarrassed at their handling of this.
I feel like my back is pushed against a wall. I feel like I'm being attacked again like every day as a kid. Only a few people here seem to be supporting me, and see it for what it is.
I will defend myself.
earthhorse

Post by earthhorse »

Oh beautiful Crow, true brilliant Tryigntostayafloat,

So relate to you. And I definitely found my voice when I started healing the CSA, it was liberating, because I could finally connect with my truth it made it easier for me to stand up or protect other people and the environment. I built my future and purpose on these convictions. However, my CPTSD is so bad now I can't go to demonstrations any more because of the hyperarousal I experience, it's led me to consider how disability excludes us from these democratic platforms. It's led me to rethink what activism looks like....

For me, it's community building. And that happens at demonstrations too big time! I grew and learned much when I started to actively protest. So if you feel the need you go!

I just wanted to validate you and join Aspen and Chessgirl in supporting you.

I know that I don't really go deeply into my political views here, even though everything really is political, and it can be hard sometimes to know when it's about politics or not... I know it's because this isn't the platform for that, but partly because well for me there is so much polarization right now. I love this site because it focuses on our mutual humanity. I find myself becoming very close on this forum to people who may disagree with my views on certain issues. I kinda of love that. I think the most dangerous people to evil, destruction and the wrongdoing in this world are the lovers, are the friends, the ones who meet each other and find connection across divides. Who see and love one another. So corny I know and well there are times to take a stand. Here I take a stand for justice for all survivors of child abuse. It feels meaningful and satisfying.

Love to you precious, wonderful, noble people, so glad you are in the world!
EH
"One kind word can warm three winter months"
Crow

Post by Crow »

Thank you earthhorse. You are a truly remarkable and loving person.
Thank you for seeing me and hearing me.

Tryingtostayafloat - thank you for being a wonderful person. I appreciate your support. I'm glad you understand me.