There's Healing Journey 2018

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Fleur

Re: There's Healing Journey 2018

Post by Fleur »

Hello there

I'm glad you brought the subject into the open about feelings when a post apparently is overlooked not answered

I confess I used to be diligent about responding to all posts individually but more recently have been lazy and simply addressed everyone by name and little else (and probably forgotten some folk in the process)

I really admire you and wolfspirit for finding ways to release hurtful stuff

Chair yoga would suit people who are like me with limited mobility. Or those who are uncomfortable being on the floor. Who knows perhaps your class might help some people to follow on to enjoy regular yoga or other activities?

Personalising your business using original art is a fantastic idea

Can relate to scariness Of changing off welfare regular payments etc to having own independent employment

May all go well for you in every respect

Caring hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
I have a similar hurt, and I think it hurts from a place I don't really understand.
I'm sorry this is happening in our forum.
Are you feeling as if it is intentional?
Or is it a hurt you'd like to be able to process?

For me, I am hurt because I feel left out. Not as important as everyone else. Not as "good-looking" or stereotypically pretty.
I have been going to a group fight class for a year and a half straight, twice a week. I feel as if I am somewhat of an expert on the class.
The last few months, the gym public relations people have come in to photograph us in session. They even took pictures of us at a special class we did outside at an important landmark in our city. It was just before one of those 5k runs. I was doing a good job keeping up with the instructor both times pictures were taken. Good form and effort.
Well, I was never photographed either time. Like they would stand right next to me and shoot the people around me. They would aim the camera away from me and get a picture of the rest of the class. I was in the front row, too. Both times. :oops:

I can't help but think that I'm just not a good enough person to shoot. I'm not pretty enough or strong enough. There's nothing about me they would be "proud of." So I'm hurt about that. I'm a regular attendee. Why can't you just put one little pic of me on your website or instagram or tweet or whatever. No, just purposefully avoid me. Thanks. But why do I feel that in the first place? Not sure.

Don't mean to make this about me. I just want you to know that I understand the feeling of being overlooked and unimportant.
I hope that I am not doing that to you.

When you feel like writing about the interaction with S in your interview, and how she tried to literally tell you what to do ( :roll: ), I'm very interested. I liked your joke about the states of matter, btw. :)

sending hugs,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
there

Post by there »

Fleur, It's so good to see your post!
Thanks for your words.
I would really like to help people with limited mobility. That's one of the reasons for chair yoga.
The change to more economic self-support is going to be gradual. I'm working and earning more than I was 2 years ago. Of course, we work our tails off to survive and heal, and that's not good enough for this society to respect as employment. I feel differently.

I sometimes miss responding to a post, but am pretty sure I catch up when I see it. Or I just say 'thanks to anyone or everyone', if I don't have the energy to mention each person.

Ws, thanks. I don't think people here have done it on purpose. I really that survivors may have limitations and all humans do. When I told Jonesy, she said she felt the same way here at times. If not ok to share that, please correct, Jones or mod.

For me, it probably comes from emotional neglect in childhood, and the neglect I feel from society in general. Feeling like I didn't, don't even exist to some people. And I'm human. I have feelings. I exist, I care, I share, so what did I do that makes me not count?

Even my dog seems to feel like this when I'm on the computer a while. She gives a little cry and I know she needs attention. She was abandoned as a puppy.

I live alone, and the only person who visits me is my brother every few months, or somebody who cleans.

ws, that's really pathetic what the gym PR people did. That's ridiculous, and to me, mental illness. It doesn't require a diagnosis.
I know you are strong, skilled and beautiful. And I'm proud to know you.

I'm individuating more, like I didn't get to complete in growing up. So I'm living those more now, I hope, by career choice and efforts,
and by giving myself credit for my unique skills and talents.

Time, to me, is somewhat of a social convention, and growing up can happen at any point in life. And it happens differently for each person. And that's ok.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Noname

Post by Noname »

Hi there,

I hear you about how emotional neglect, feeling invisible can affect a person. I don't believe that anyone here would intentionally disregard anyone else. We are all human, and everyone makes mistakes. That doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt just a bit. It's good to acknowledge how you're feeling, and it's also good that you can acknowledge that everyone's human and has limitations. I guess what I want to say here is that I hear you, I get it, and I hope that my words are making sense.
there

Post by there »

Thanks, Noname, for reading and understanding.

Tired tonight, recovering from medical appointment, the interpersonal aspect.

Complained to a mgr in dept store about salesperson (whom I say hi to when in store) and mgr. backed me up.

I don't feel great about talking with anyone at all lately except my brother.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

there,
Sending restful thoughts and comfortable energy your way.
Appointments of any kind wipe me out.

Thanks for the affirmation on the gym PR issue. It hurts but I'm moving past it.
I'm actually off my game with my exercise plan. I've been out of town and otherwise off my routine.
Have to get back into it or my mental health will start to suffer.

Hoping your brother can be there for you when you need someone to talk to.
You deserve to feel supported and heard.

<3

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
there

Post by there »

ws,
ty for words of comfort and empathy.
Exercise, sometimes even a little is good enough for the time, I find. I at least touch on it.
I've pulled back on strenuous exercise, hoping it can help with hypothyroid issues. Thyroid may step up to the plate when adrenals are burnt out. Then it gets overtaxed, too.

Yoga studio owner was responsive when I asked for ideas or guidance. She made a snap judgment about my age and ability, I felt. She assumed I would not want to teach more active yoga on that basis. It's not realistic. She told me she's a grandmother, like I'm supposed to automatically relate to that based on her assumption about my life.

In the strength training class offered in this building by the Y, I tested off their charts, according to the leaders. I'm quick and strong.
It's not a contest to me, but, just because I don't dye my hair and have some lines on my skin doesn't mean you know me or my capabilities.

I'm, over it, mostly, seeing her control freakout for what it is. Really a joke because yoga is about nonjudgment of yourself or others.
Btw, a rush of unfounded judgment or need to put someone in their place, is what I call a "control freakout". Even well-intentioned , it's not welcome by me.
I hope that I count as a person.

One thing I've found healing for me is finding in myself what's beyond condition, or not about it. I do what I can to love myself without conditions. I know where blaming and judging myself lead. And what a lot of energy is eaten up to constantly criticize and assess myself.

I guess it's true what a yoga teacher told us in his class--"Loving yourself is an inside job."

I'm becoming less dependent on others' approval. What's inside of me that I can know, learn by, love?

edited 1x by there for syntax
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear there,

She sounds like the kind that teaches what she most needs to learn. My T always claimed it true in the T profession as well. She could do with a little humility. Her assumptions about your strength or that you would be a grandmother due to your age is not cool in my opinion. I guess one could say she is trying to relate. Sad attempt though. Just keep on going and don't let them get you down.

with care,
Harmony
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

There,

It’s possible that I am guilty of the not responding issue. Once or twice I have responded to someone only to realize that someone was responding to me at the same time. It wasnt till later that I realized I had missed a post from someone. But i don’t think I went back and acknowledge my oversight. I’m sorry if I have done anything to offend. It wasn’t intentional. Just didn’t have the strength at the moment to fix it. If I have offended you in any way please accept my sincere apology.

I have felt the sting a little bit as it has happened to me. Trying to give the benefit of the doubt that it’s an oversight.

Hope you are finding your peace...iwt
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello there

Met a woman on bus who is two years younger than me. Said she is expecting her second great grandchild. She was surprised when I said I hope it will be several more years before I'm a grandmother. People make decisions within first few seconds of meeting. I'm doing my best to not do this but rather listen and keep judging to a minimum. However - as many a survivor knows- we need to be vigilant. Big sigh. A fine line

May you enjoy the start of week and I am hoping you have many highlights in the next few days

Soft caring hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur