Looking for a book about adult sexual problems, brought on by childhood sexual abuse

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

FracturedTat

Looking for a book about adult sexual problems, brought on by childhood sexual abuse

Post by FracturedTat »

Hi, I'm FracturedTat. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a book about sexual problems brought on by childhood sexual abuse. I have been searching, but haven't come up with one. I've read tons of self help books, but I still have yet to find one on this topic.
"I was told not to air my dirty laundry in public...but then I realized it wasn't MY dirty laundry."- D. Ouimet
pursuinggrace

Re: Looking for a book about adult sexual problems, brought on by childhood sexual abuse

Post by pursuinggrace »

The Sexual Healing Journey by Wendy Maltz

I have not read this book but have read reviews that it has helped people with this struggle.
"Little by little, the bird makes his nest" (French Proverb)
FracturedTat

Re: Looking for a book about adult sexual problems, brought on by childhood sexual abuse

Post by FracturedTat »

Thank you pursuinggrace. I will check that one out. I really appreciate the suggestion.
"I was told not to air my dirty laundry in public...but then I realized it wasn't MY dirty laundry."- D. Ouimet
pursuinggrace

Post by pursuinggrace »

You are welcome =)
FracturedTat

Post by FracturedTat »

I found the book on my local library's catalog listing. It's ordered, and is on the way. Once I recieve it and read it, I will come back here and let you know if it was helpful. Thanks again.
pursuinggrace

Post by pursuinggrace »

I will be interested in hearing how it is. Take care. =)
FracturedTat

Post by FracturedTat »

Just picked up the book today from the library. I wish I could have found an electronic version of it for my Kindle. It's a long book, and the print is small. My eyes definitely are not what they used to be, but I will get through it. It may take some time for me to read, but I will be in touch when I finish it.
pursuinggrace

Post by pursuinggrace »

I can relate to the eyes not being what they used to be! :D
Read at your leisure, I'll be here.
FracturedTat

Post by FracturedTat »

Hello Pursuinggrace.

Thank you once again for your suggestion of the book. I finished it a few weeks ago, but have just got the time to come on here and comment about it. The book was very identifiable for me. Many of the things Wendy Maltz discussed were very familiar. She gave lots of insight on how to handle certain situations, and learning exercises to improve intimacy. Some of the techniques I had already been trying, but found several new things to think about. I would recommend this book to anyone suffering from intimacy problems. Thanks for the help, and support.
Obscure Reference

Post by Obscure Reference »

I'm looking for the same thing and will have to get this book!
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all