The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook - Matthew McKay, Jeffrey C. Wood, and Jeffrey Brantley

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Jonesy
Director
Director

The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook - Matthew McKay, Jeffrey C. Wood, and Jeffrey Brantley

Post by Jonesy »

Hi all - Found this on another thread so thought it might be useful to leave here.
Don't let the connection to BPD throw you- it is excellent for a wide range of challenges. It is a workbook- I find the Distress Tolerance and Emotion Regulation sections particularly helpful when things get rough. I need to be more in balance for the Mindfulness and Interpersonal Effectiveness sections. It's another book that we used at Sheppard-Pratt with support from a therapist but I use it at home on my own. And yes- I do spend an inordinate amount of time working on healing (insert eye-rolling emoticon here).

The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook: Practical DBT Exercises for Learning Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation & ... Tolerance (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) 1st Edition by Matthew McKay, Jeffrey C. Wood, and Jeffrey Brantley
232 pp.
New Harbinger Publications; 1st edition (July 1, 2007)
ISBN-10: 1572245131
ISBN-13: 978-1572245136

Hope this helps- friend
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
recover

Re: The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook - Matthew McKay, Jeffrey C. Wood, and Jeffrey Brantley

Post by recover »

Thanks for putting this here Jonesy, I am thinking of getting it!
recover xo
flowergirl47

Re: The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook - Matthew McKay, Jeffrey C. Wood, and Jeffrey Brantley

Post by flowergirl47 »

Thank you for posting this. I literally just got this book from Amazon but haven't had time to look at it yet. :)
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

And thank you flowergirl47 for checking in. Glad you stopped by to say hi ;)
Extending you a very warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

flowergirl47

Post by flowergirl47 »

Thx Jonesy. I haven't had the courage to post anything, but have found a lot of help in reading/reflecting on others' posts.

Edited to change from MT to NT
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi again - that means a lot to me to know ;)
You are important