afraid to tell

For all members who enjoy writing poetry or who use poetry to express their strongest emotions.
Please be advised this area can be triggering, so read cautiously.

Moderator: Jonesy

mikyak

afraid to tell

Post by mikyak »

so yes I'm new onsite and not ready to tell my story.. but I find comfort in writing and poems. so here is a little something about me and how I feel and at times cope....Blood on my arm its cold as is drains, makes me feel a bit better as it easies the pain. I can't seem to cope so I take the blade to my hips, the initials is scrap as I watch the blood .. Red as life and clod as death, that's what I saw with your one last breath, scars on my arms, my legs and my hips. Words that I whisper just comes from my lips, I hate that you left me, the fact that you died. you left me alone your gone and you lied. now i'm stuck with this pain inside. I can't seem to run, I can't seem to hide. Why cant I keep the ones I adore? I want to love them less but I just love them more. And the ones that have hurt me, justs keeps going on more and more. I've been told it gets easier It just takes time. I think that's stupid, a story from a mime. No sounds they make, no voices to hear just a whisper of a breath scary as silence...looks like death.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: afraid to tell

Post by Harmony »

mikyak,

This is lovely but really belongs in the Creative Writing Forum. So with your permission I will be moving this post in 24 hrs.

with care,
Harmony
mikyak

Post by mikyak »

Of coarse I'm sorry . I'm good at messing things up
reisha

Post by reisha »

hi mikyak

welcome to our safe lil corner of the web.

i want to say - please dont 'tell lies' about yerself. what i mean by that is ... when ya say 'im good at messing things up'. - ino all too well about those neg thots, sayings. & ino they are not true. sure, i can cite 'ample evidence' to support my untruths - by discounting & ignoring all the other things that counter my statements, that balance things more. for me, whats scary is that - ive found that the more i 'tell lies' like that about myself, the truer those lies become. its almost like prophecy. & i'd want for ya to NOT do to yerself what ive done to myself - tellin myself those ugly lies for so long that i not only believe em, but i act like em too - if only in my deepest, most quiet moments. it hurts my heart, to see ya say such things about yerself, to know that yer settin yerself up the same way i did. if ya can avoid that, ya'll save yerself.

about yer poem - while its quite 'brutal', i love the imagery, the raw emotion that comes thru. ya write quite well.

im sorry to know what-all ya've been thru, are dealin with.
sendin ya tons of support & compassion
Last edited by Serenity on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT