My sister and her boys

A discussion area for anyone who loves a survivor and needs some support of their own.

Moderators: Aspen, Jonesy, Harbor

Beachlady

Re: My sister and her boys

Post by Beachlady »

BrokenButterflyWings,

I am SOOOO sorry - this is an absolutely heart breaking situation. I agree with Jonesy, keep reporting, over and over, to CPS. Also report to law enforcement , talk to their school (they can't tell you anything, but you can tell them, and they are mandated reporters), talk to animal control and ask them to cross-report to law enforcement and CPS. Sometimes it truly is the number or repeated concerns that gets someone's attention. Also, if nobody in the specific town responds you could see who is in charge at the main / district office of the CPS, if there is one, and talk to them. The school and hospital are both mandated report agencies, so if you do go to a lawyer the lawyer could maybe shake them up and get them to report properly.
I can only imagine how painful this is for you. Sending tons and tons of support, and so very very glad you are there for those boys, as much as anyone can be.

Beachlady
Beachlady

"If a human can dare to be more than the condition into which she was born, then so can you”
Maya Angelou
"Think Higher and Feel Deeper; The opposite of love is indifference"
Elie Weisel
BrokenButterflyWings

Post by BrokenButterflyWings »

They think I'm crazy, that I'm just trying to start shit.
Beachlady

Post by Beachlady »

Hi BrokenButterflyWings,

The locals might have bought your sister's story, or might just not have enough data yet. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR to all of them for not SEEING.
The district / state / county level folks might be more willing to listen, to check your records.
I am SO sorry. My heart breaks for you and the boys.

Beachlady
Beachlady

"If a human can dare to be more than the condition into which she was born, then so can you”
Maya Angelou
Elie Weisel
BrokenButterflyWings

I wish I could just go get them and bring them home with me :(
Beachlady

Post by Beachlady »

OHHHHH, I wish you could too!!!!!
Sending much support and caring, to you and your boys.
Beachlady
Beachlady

Maya Angelou
Elie Weisel
BrokenButterflyWings

Thank-you ...

I have now made a Facebook page for them. If that doesn't work, I'll make a YouTube video.

I will fight for them the way all children should be fought for. The way nobody fought for me. The way nobody fought for most of us.
Beachlady

Post by Beachlady »

Hi BrokenButterflyWings,

Cheering you on. They are lucky to have you.
I wish you had had the care you have for them.

Beachlady
Beachlady

Maya Angelou
Elie Weisel
BrokenButterflyWings

That's just it though. I want to be everything I desperately needed and never got. All I have to do is remember it happening to me. I think I might love them. Because I'm really scared. And sometimes I feel like going back on everything. But I keep fighting almost against my will...like a force outside of myself is pushing me forward. I don't know how to explain it.

Thank-you for the cheering. I definitely need it. The support helps a lot to keep me going.
Beachlady

Post by Beachlady »

HI BrokenButterflyWings,

Yes, it does absolutely sound like you love them :-)
Being really scared makes sense; it must be very triggering in so many ways....
I think the force telling you to keep fighting is a good one.

Beachlady
Beachlady

Maya Angelou
Elie Weisel
BrokenButterflyWings

I made a tumblr as well, and connected it to the Facebook page. I have included pictures, internet links to my family's various abuse charges, and messages between me and my sister, my brother, and my birth-mother.

The C.A.S in the town has been covering up the abuse in my family for at least 3 generations. It's time for it to stop.