Something Simple

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

wolfspirit

Re: Something Simple

Post by wolfspirit »

Sounds like a good idea to follow, IMA. :)
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
IMA

Post by IMA »

Sometimes I catch myself from slipping into the cracks of depression that could possibly sent me to the hospital, I'm glad I am getting better about that.

Now I am happy I can move on and start a new job.
IMA

Post by IMA »

Today is my second day of work and I'm happy to say that I really appreciate working in the back away from customers. It's hard not freezing up in public or worrying about about being the center of attention when your trying to lay low.

I am really glad that I moved away from that awful small town and the few abusive and bullying people away from there.

The only thing I really want to focus on are paying off my debts, building a lifestyle to take care of my family and close friends, and living my best years to help fight others.

My current soulmate, even though we are still best friend, I'm glad he is still makes me feel...just anything :3.

My next goal is to get my body in shape by toning up and losing 20 pounds. I started buying new smaller clothes and donated a lot of my older baggy clothes. I figured for ever pound I lost I reward myself with a few new outfits. Manged to buy name brands clothes ( 4 dresses, 5 skirts, 2 shoes, 12 top, 2 jackets, and 7 bottoms) for under 80 bucks. #QueenofThriftStores
Noname

Post by Noname »

Hi IMA,

It sounds like you have some really positive things going on right now. It's great to read about them. I'm also working on losing weight (I definitely have more than 20 lbs to lose, but I'm a little over halfway there). Being able to buy smaller clothes is definitely a great reward. I also really love thrift stores! :)

I hope things keep looking up for you.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

IMA,
I'm so happy to hear you're in a job that is more comfortable and a relationship that feels good.
Getting weight off is hard, but I've done it. I had to exercise like every day and still do to keep it off.
I have zero will power in my food choices. :lol:

Here's to a good week coming up.

ws
Rumi
IMA

Post by IMA »

It occurred to me that when I have had share my rape stories...one of the first things that people say is that they believe me.

It bothers me that people say that because I don't need their validation of whether I was or wasn't. Like with the policemen and therapists I talk to in the past, all that matters is my story being said and proving by law that this happened to me.... sometimes I wonder why people are fueled by their beliefs verse going by facts.
IMA

Post by IMA »

Sometimes I wonder what a healthy relationship is to be honest.
IMA

Post by IMA »

I think once in a awhile it's nice to sure these cheesy/cute thoughts about people you love:

1. I like how you have a heavy accent.
2. Being around you makes me good....the warmth from your hugs
Is like the warmth of honey on bare skin-- nothing but sweet :3
3. You don't make feel like a burden or damaged...for the first time in over a long time, thank you for that.
4. Like how even when I make mistakes with my grammar, glad that you never get annoyed or point it out to me....it's nice letting my guard down.
5. The only reason why I let you pet my afro is because I like how it feels when it bounces.
6. I think the cutest thing that a person cause do with me is shared food together <3.
7.i like how even though we have been best friends for over 16 years I'm glad I can change in from of you and not worry about anything going further # TrueFriendRightThere.
8. I like how you treat me the loyal is good, even when we met new people our secrets are safe forever and always.
9. What...you don't sag and you wear a belt. <3
10. Glad we can be sad together at times and make the good out of nothing.
IMA

Post by IMA »

No one should ever wish death upon themselves.
I'm glad it's not one of those nights for me :)
Took a shower, wearing my favorite pjs, got my favorite snack, and with my my current soulmate who showing me funny memes, and the best part I found pins for my purple Christmas lights. My safe place will be completed tomorrow.

Life is worth living, create a safety plan/environment, and feel what you have to feel in a nonviolent way.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Love reading your thoughts, IMA
I can imagine you and your soulmate being together and sharing love.
Awesome that your safe place is almost done!
Hoping your job is still going okay.

:) ws
Rumi