Sadness

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

IMA

Sadness

Post by IMA »

Its been a hard day, just remembering how small towns can be cruel if your an outsider.
How people will dig things up from your past and hold it against you.
I remember being a prank and how painful to watch how others can be so sinister, by the way they laugh and encourage others to keep going with the joke against their better judgement.
The pain from the jokes wasn't the thing that crush me...it was the people...the lack of remorse of hurting another human. In order to fuel some self satisfaction. That what still hurts in my heart.
Each day gets a little better but the pain will always be there...underneath the body and rest in the soul. :(
Last edited by Serenity on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as merely mentioned triggering topic
wolfspirit

Re: Sadness

Post by wolfspirit »

Sadness is a hard emotion to feel. It reminds us of experiences that caused us harm. I understand that.
Sorry you have been thinking of those memories, and I wish those people would've never been so cruel.

It might help to allow yourself to feel that sadness and then give it some closure somehow. Write those people a letter about how their actions stayed with you. Read it out loud and then destroy it. Maybe go back into the memory and rewrite it- fight back or change it.

Just some suggestions that have helped me.

take care,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
IMA

Post by IMA »

Thank you WS, for your feedback with letter. I appreciate the opportunity of healing this recent pain. I liked how I changed the ending from me walking away to me speaking up. About how wrong and hurtful it was for them to do that to me and past potential other victims.
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering details
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

:) glad it helped a little.
One thing I've learned is that we never had a voice. When we finally are able to use our voice, even if it is years between the experience and now, our body gets satisfaction from speaking our truth.

peace,

ws
Rumi
IMA

Post by IMA »

WS,
Your my new spirit animal :lol: . All I can say is thank you for all the wisdom in your comments.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

:) just paying it forward
It’s why we’re all here together.
I can’t keep going without you and the rest of my isurvive family.
Very happy you’re feeling comfortable here, and that you’re willing to be open to trying things that might help you.
Here’s to healing...

Peace <3

ws
Rumi
freedomspot

Post by freedomspot »

Hi, IMA, nice to meet you.
I can totally relate to what you are writing about the lack of remorse for hurting another human.
When I see people who behave like this, with no emotions at all, I feel so sad too.
But as time goes by, I learn how to avoid them, and if I cannot totally avoid them, then cope with them somehow.
Yes, it is sad and disappointing to what extend some people hane no hearts inside them,
but I am struggling to understand how this is THEIR problem, and not mine.
Sorry for the tension, I could so much relate with this that it made me angry again.
I wish, I really wish I lived in a world full of compassionate and caring people.

I can also relate to what wolfspirit wrote about the feeling of being able to use our voices at last !

Sending care to both of you, my friends,
freedomspot
IMA

Post by IMA »

Freedomspot,
I like how you have the courage to share how you feel about this topic and you do to through the moments.

Thank you for coming forward and being so very humble to the facts of not everyone is compassionate, how it is a struggle for people like us to deal with this concept, and it is never too late to make and/or take back strength of love.
freedomspot

Post by freedomspot »

This is my truth, IMA.
Thank you for your kind words.
You are certainly not alone in feeling like this, and I think we all deserve to be feeling like this, after being abused.

I am sending you much care and support,
and I am glad to meet you again,
freedomspot.
IMA

Post by IMA »

Thank you freedom,

For your support and care.