Fleur's 2018 thoughts

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

wolfspirit

Re: Fleur's 2018 thoughts

Post by wolfspirit »

Sounds like a lovely day, Fleur.
I think it is so good that you take an active part in your health and well-being. :)

The weather here is crazy, too. Lightening and rain, then sunshine bursting through.

Hoping tomorrow is a wonderful day for you, as well.

hugs,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello wolfspirit, thank you for writing

Today I was supposed to see trainee T, but I slept very little and feel physically unwell. I left a voice message which she didn't get. She phoned me, asking if I was running late, how I was.... I'm to call her when I feel brighter to reschedule

Wishing you very well
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Fleur,
So sorry today wasn't cooperative with your plans. I don't like those days with physical challenges.
Hoping you feel better very soon.

<3,

ws
Rumi
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you, wolfspirit

Hopefully, shall be on 6:55am bus tomorrow to make 8:20 appt!

Cheers
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hello Fleur,

Acknowledging your post about the lumps dr is concerned about.
I hope your referral is processed quickly, and you learn more about how to proceed.

Thinking of you wishing you peaceful moments ,

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you Couragetoday. Appt at 8:20 tomorrow morning, so I'll soon know what's what. No energy today. Had planned some housework - as usual, very little done

Update on lumps - both have a dark crater centre, which is new development. Both still really small, although they feel large

Thanks for travelling this journey with me - doing my best to not feel scared
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,
Maybe feeling some of the very natural fear is ok?
Walking these next steps with you, if ok.

Couragetoday
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Fleur,
It is unsettling to be dealing with things we aren't sure about, especially medical.
Just to share a story so that you don't feel so alone with this...
A few years ago just before I started having flashbacks, I woke up one day with my right eye in a lot of throbbing and stabbing pain. It was red and the light was excruciating.
I went to my eye doctor, expecting to be told I had injured it somehow or that it was an allergy.
He immediately sent me to the ophthalmologist who diagnosed it as iritis. The iris of my eye was inflamed. You know, the color part of the eye?
Okay, so they told me it was pretty serious. I had to start medication drops and we would "watch" it (no pun intended) to see if it would spread to the rest of my eye or even farther.
I had it for three months. Had to wear glasses instead of contacts.
My body was attacking the iris of its own eye!
Just weird.
It was hard not to be scared of the "what-ifs".

Finally, it started to clear up.
I began to feel the pain gradually lighten up until it was gone.
Apparently, my immune system decided it wasn't fighting an intruder anymore.

Doctors know a lot more than we know. It is hard to trust them, however. And sometimes a diagnosis takes a long time.
I think we, as survivors of childhood trauma, have a specialized anxiety pathway. It revs up over everything and won't give us peace.
You do a good job of staying on top of your health, so I think this whole thing will take care of itself.

Listening and sitting with you, if you want to share more, friend.

ws
Rumi
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Well, I'm really thankful that you've been with me Couragetoday and wolfspirit. It was an early start in a chilly house and the first bus of the day was late in the fog, so I missed the planned connection. Fortunately, the next set of buses leave every 15-20 minutes. Anyway, I was early, despite not really knowing where I was in the thick fog. It cleared by 10, to a glorious sunny day

OK. The Professor says definitely skin cancer, best kind he thinks - quite local and well defined edges. To remove and reconstruct lower left eyelid on 2nd May, the one between lip and nose on 16th May

Am miffed by former GP saying just age related bumps. But, we're organising it now. Grateful current Dr picked it up

All the paperwork was completed in waiting room, then delivered to private hospital. Professor agrees that another 6+ month wait for public hospital attention could be detrimental. Tear duct likely to be affected marginally now, but might have required more surgery if done later in the year

Whilst I was near public hospital, I saw neurology reception. Have rescheduled appt in July to 17th May. That will be a very busy week, with an appointment every day, Monday to Thursday. Explained headaches getting worse, so she found an "emergency" time of after 5pm. Whilst at public centre, I had brunch. No appetite this morning

Out of pocket cost - $12 per dressing - maximum of 4 dressings anticipated. $250 annual excess for hospital stay. For neurologist, just under $200 upfront, with about $50 out of pocket, for 1st appt. After that, just under $90 with $20 or so not rebated. Manageable. Factor in the dental expenses next month - am I glad I have a credit card?!

The awkward aspect now is to ask my sister for her mobile phone number, something she has not wanted to share. However, the hospital requests at least 2 contacts, and my sister agreed to be my next of kin, so that number is necessary. I'll phone her on Sunday, after the people tidy yard, so I have something more to say than health related

A man from church is here as I write, cutting grass and working out where garden beds start

Soxy reminds me of my son when younger - they both seem to think my lap is the best seat around. No sooner I sit, then Soxy is up. But please - not too much patting. Cat terms, smile

I'll also contact MH triage regarding outpatient activities. I'm hoping they aren't like another place whereby service was only offered to former inpatients

Thank you again my friends. May you enjoy something special this weekend
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Fleur

Sorry to hear about those 2 areas of skin cancer but, like you, very glad its treatable and happening relatively quickly. I am humbled by the way you handle each fresh challenge. You are an inspiration to me.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org