Fleur's 2018 thoughts

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Fleur

Fleur's 2018 thoughts

Post by Fleur »

Hello everyone

Being the "twelfth day of Christmas", think time to retire my 2 year old thread

As with many a survivor, can identify with a few different aspects of abuse

Just had an earful of verbal abuse, so decided that this thread will be for present moment life

Cheers
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fleur's 2018 thoughts

Post by Harmony »

Hi Fleur,

I like the new fresh space you made for yourself. Great work.

See you around.

with care,
Harmony
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Can relate to usefulness of thread for present. :roll: :x

Smashing champagne bottle on imaginary ship bow!

Welcome, 2018 :)
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thanks Harmony and there -- I'm imagining said bottle on side of ship

Last night, I finally put rubbish bins out front for collection ... Stayed in PJs so won't bring them in this evening. Is amazing the difference getting recycling out of kitchen has made. Oh and Soxy had a clean tray for about an hour

Supposed to be super hot weekend, so have closed blinds, shut doors and drinks are in the fridge

Church sent out a message that bring and share lunch is NEXT week instead of tomorrow. Very pleased as I don't have anything suitable I could rustle up with so little notice

The lady behind me stopped smoking . This is great as the stale tobacco odour has gone from our shared space. I'll soon open back bedroom window. Now have her surname and phone number, hopefully enough to have just one contact for personal alarm system purposes - the company prefers 2

I recognise that my reluctance to unpack has a lot to do with su thinking, I know I have to do something about it. Hopefully when I see pdoc on Wednesday, we can brainstorm ways to get me more motivated

Sleepy wave to all
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
recover

Post by recover »

hi fleur,
so happy to see your new thread, sorry for the abuse that lead to it.
i strongly relate to the SU thinking, i am so sorry you are going through that. I hope pdoc can help.
hope you got a good sleep and your weekend is good.
much caring,
recover xo
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Fleur,

Following along on your new thread. Wishing you well in the coming days.

iwt
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Clearing Things at home always helps. Sometimes just the boring chores can be uplifting.

Good that neighbor quit smoking and you get better air to breathe.

Thinking of you, dear Fleur.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
fight4me

Post by fight4me »

Fleur

Well done on new thread

I sit with you chilling out
Having a coffee

You are a strong person
You are supportive and compassionate

Thinking of you

Fight4me
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you there, recover, iwillthrive, fight4me .... Very happy to read from each of you

Starting weekend very quietly. Awoke about 8 to the research alarm, then back to dreamland for another 2+ hours. Soxy's chosen to curl up along my stomach, well within touching range. He is so soft and warm, with few demands - food, water, pats

Cheers
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Fleur,
It gets in triple digit temperatures here where I live, too. I get the closed blinds/don't move approach. It helps.

I have a cat-dog. She's a long-haired chihuahua-terrier named Sandy. She would lay on my lap forever, if she could. I love kitties too. How they put their paws on your hand when they want something or to be petted. Purring is awesome. Did you know that big cats, like cougars, purr too?

I can't drink champagne, but I'll toast to the new year and new thread with some sparkling cider. :)

~wolfspirit
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi