Fleur's 2018 thoughts

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Couragetoday

Re: Fleur's 2018 thoughts

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

Thank you for updating here. A lot of news to digest pretty quickly.
So glad that this new doctor followed up so quickly and the wheels are in motion.
Really hope your sister is understanding with being contact person.

Here with you, supporting you wholeheartedly for this part of your journey.

Couragetoday
there

Post by there »

Hi, fleur!
Just catching up since getting back from Little getaway.

Wow! A lot has happened. I agree with Jonesey. You are an inspiration with how you handle everything.
Happy to pocket ride for any medical procedure.

I hope your sister steps up to the plate for you and contributes her Mobile phone number.

Smiling at your phrase 'cat terms'. Same with dog. On her terms :D
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Fleur,
I'm so glad the professionals figured out what was going on and have a plan to take care of it. :)
Hoping your sister will be generous with her phone number and time, if needed.
I love having pets on my lap. My Sandy is a cat-dog. She is always on my lap.

Hoping you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Thinking of you. Just wondering how you are.
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Fleur,

Not many words right now but i am following along. Wishing you peace. iwt
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Fleur,
sitting with you as you deal with the docs and such
hoping you are feeling stable and happy

giving Soxy some gentle pets,

ws
Rumi
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello everyone, slightly surprised it has been a while since writing here

Thank you Jonesy, Couragetoday, there, wolfspirit, iwillthrive and anyone else who sends thoughts my way

I did catch up with Mum on Sunday evening. She was bright and we chatted for about 20 minutes, long enough for sister and niece to arrive home with grocery shopping. Sister was concerned about where, why, I needed surgery and said she was HAPPY to be contact person. Whew, what a relief

Had 4 helpers here Sunday morning. The original lady but not her husband as he sat with his dying mother interstate; a father and his primary / elementary school age son plus another man whom I met for the first time the previous day. Because the man who came last week had done such a great job of clearing and defining the beds, it took less time than expected for all the weeds to be put in bags onto a trailer. They all worked very hard for 2+ hours. I did minimal bits and pieces

I cannot find the tools I bought a few weeks ago. That is puzzling me. I've seemingly checked everywhere

Anyway, the now very short yellow-brown grass sets off weed free garden of a few small shrubs. Even the 2 rose bushes appear happier

Rain is badly needed for my previous congregation's Church property. They had a couple of truckloads of water. There's talk of closing the buildings due to fire hazard and health requirements. Seems strange to me as in October, rain water spilled and overflowed all the tanks, drains, etc. Even the dam is dry - I wonder if it has another slow leak?

I phoned the local triage regarding my MH status (ie not great); afterwards, I realised he had weasled out all my details, sigh. Anyway, he was very nice, kind, let me rabbit on, then made a few good suggestions. Much more helpful than the last time I contacted a triage and promised myself "never again"

An online friend has been very supportive, says he is praying for me. With his prompting, I've now a plan I believe will be workable for 2nd and 16th May

I had a wonderful view of the passing parade yesterday. They marched along the path outside my gate. Anzac Day is one time I'm sure to offer thanks for all the people who served and are serving to keep my country secure and free

However, I'm also saddened about the treatment of certain returning service men and women - stories of which are still surfacing, especially regarding "non white" / from other than Western countries people

Atrocities happened here. Perhaps not to the extent reported by other places, but still it is hard to understand man's and woman's inhumanity to fellow human beings - and yes, I'm aware that some places are worse than others, but that abuses of human rights continue right now globally

I have to remember that I'm only one person, can only do as I see fit - it's just that signing petitions, offering a smile and a little moral support here and there seems so miniscule

I keep reminding myself of the boy rescuing a few stranded starfish - it makes a difference for one person. And I also recall the time I put 50 cents into a charity tin - apologising for the small amount, the collector pointed out if everyone in the town gave her half a dollar, she'd be very happy with $30,000+

I've eaten a bit more this week - scales have gone up, which I guess will please the Pdoc but I'm still not cooking, unless toast counts. I'm about my ideal BMI , so I don't really need to gain or lose. I noticed the grapes are growing mould in the fridge and the rest of the small tomatoes are getting soft to bad/inedible stage. Sigh

Soxy is being fed -- he reminds me when His bowls are empty. I'm wondering if he has a cold - if cats get that sickness? He is breathing strangely and sometimes when he shakes his head, watery fluid comes from his eyes, nose and mouth - they all look clear to me. He is sleeping more than usual and also playing less. Not a lot of urine in litter trays though plenty of healthy looking solid matter

I'm reluctant to return to the Vet if he is pretty much OK. I'd take Soxy at once if he seemed more unwell - the $65 consultation fee is a consideration

I have the hots and colds, feeling I'm about to faint. See GP on Monday. Tomorrow, Friday, is breast screen. I need to find paperwork I completed months ago.... Am very disorganised

Sending positive thoughts to all
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Fleur,
Cats can have upper respiratory colds, too. I didn't know that until recently.
They can also get the flu. Both of my dogs had it in March. :(

Glad to hear you have some support with the landscaping/gardening and your appointments.

Sorry you're not feeling very good right now.

offering a hand to hold,

ws
Rumi
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Hope you feel better soon. Also that you can locate needed paperwork. I understand feeling/being disorganized. Small steps have been making a dent in it for me. I really need a better system, esp. if I want to be self-employed.

Fleur, even doing a little does make a difference in the world. I give $5/mo for world hunger. It's not much, but I agree with how you remind yourself that it's still important. Sometimes I consider 'the widow's mite'.

Omigosh, I so need to clean the fridge. It smells a little bad.

I've been able to help Tula's health matters sometimes by Googling the symptoms. Maybe worth a shot for Soxy?

Good to read that your BMI is close to ideal. Hope you feel good about that!
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you wolfspirit and there

I do recall Soxy having cat flu a long while ago, thanks for reminder wolfspirit. Googling symptoms - duh - why didn't I consider that? Really appreciate that comment there

Well I still couldn't find paperwork today, so I phoned the office. Instructed to ask reception to print a copy, just get there early. So I used the earlier bus, arriving almost an hour before appt. Sat in waiting room, read magazine - done for another 2 years. Results will go directly to GP within a month

Called into Salvation Army to enquire about MH groups - turns out the hearing voices support group wound up some time ago. Left my contact details. Hopefully someone shall phone with news of some other program - art would be nice, for example

Yes, "the widow's mite" - if every adult were to support some charity $5/month, I'd expect that would be a huge help

I bought 8ply wool today, enough to make a beanie and mittens for 2 men in bottle green and silvery grey - now to unpack needles and pattern book. I discovered socks which have an extra thermal layer to keep feet warmer. At $8/pair, I couldn't afford them today, but will look for them on sale

Landlord says inspection is 8th May, so I've a date to work towards. Got to do my best to get inside to match with outer appearance. Soxy will be restrained in carrier for duration, so he doesn't slip out a door whilst the auditors are here

Glad I emptied Post Office box as I had some official documents to be completed at PO by tomorrow

Got confirmation that all utility accounts are in credit. I think my rent is fully up to date and there's enough in the bank to cover phone plus insurance. Been a long haul, but think I'll now be OK as long as I maintain fortnightly budget, even factoring in medical expenses in May

My hips are playing up. When I last spoke with GP, it was just the right, but today my left leg wouldn't go in a straight line all the time. I was close to tears going up inclines which is common, but today, going down the slopes was more painful

Dad had his first of eventually 5 hip replacements before 50. It is feasible I'm following him in that he "suddenly" couldn't move as freely. I'll ask Dr to request imagining to see if there's anything untoward. Genetically speaking, Dad's side of the family are notorious for ageing bones. At 30, a cousin had a broken ankle and was told he had the bones of an 80 year old and Dad was told similar mid 40s. I do have osteopenia, forerunner of osteoporosis, and an xray a few years back showed a recently healed fracture of which I was unaware. All I can say is I'm glad our bodies are designed so well

Tonight I bought GF spicy veg pizza. Ate half for dinner. The rest is for tomorrow's lunch. It was different from previous purchases, with a white garlic flavoured sauce drizzled after cooking. Tasted great but is now making me feel ill...

I thought I saw someone from my abusive past today. Did I panic! Triggered big time. Of course, it was NOT the person I knew .... Left me hypervigilant and even the tree scraping the fence had me spooked. I am OK, but writing here helps to get it all out of my head, so hopefully I can sleep well tonight

Soxy and I are breathing more easily, so I'm really hoping that particularly the cat has recovered from whatever might have caused his symptoms. I'm still loudly sneezing plus a few other things symptomatic of "probably just a virus"

Wishing us all a lovely weekend, whatever it brings, may there be some bright spots
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur