Crushing Guilt

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

jimscarlet

Crushing Guilt

Post by jimscarlet »

Feel depressed and terribly guilty. Was up all night last night,till at last went to bed about 9 or
10 and got blissful sleep. But did not wake till 1.30p.m. which I was appalled at.Even when I did
get up,was STILL tired,so fell asleep in chair. So now I feel awful,depressed,and crushing guilt.
You see, it was always an inconvenience for me to be ill in any way,as it annoyed dear M. and
I took the message that it was BAD,and WRONG to take care of me (I was very much a slave for
parents),so now, even though I know where it comes from,I STILL feel terrible and WEAK,for not
washed and going out as I had planned. DAMN THEM TO HELL,DAMN THEM!
Could someone help
me by giving objective opinion on this,it has plagued me all my life,so it must be really
embedded in in my brain. Thank you.
jimscarlet
recover

Re: Crushing Guilt

Post by recover »

hi jimscarlet,
it is really ok to sleep and take care of yourself when you are not feeling well. actually, it is a good thing to sleep and take care of yourself when not feeling well. it is what your body needs.
i am sorry you suffer with this.
with support,
recover