reisha's 2018 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

reisha

reisha's 2018 thread

Post by reisha »

<timecheck>
yeppers, its that time-a yr .... gotta b-day in bout a wk, so w/ that delightful thot large in mahaid, i'll start this thread w/ sum-a my thots on age(ing)

western hemisphere calculates age based on the COMPLETION of a full yr, whereas eastern 'sphere, & many-a Native Peoples 'give credit' for each season - more *present* time, my mind works more like the latter, not former. so, when a dr asks my age, i can be wrong by as much as 2 yrs, dependin on what time-a yr i get asked. in my mind, i think 'im in xx yr' not 'im xx old'. i mean, HELLO?!? inna yer 1st b-day the actual DAY YER BORN?!?!?? (d'ya [ever] THINK?!?) so, the anwser to 'how old' *SHOULD* 'give credit' for all the 1/2 yrs, & 3/4's yrs, doncha think? - the ~older i get~, the more i admire {Lil Chil'erns!} - who instictfully know those *fractions matter!* - what almost-6-y/o DUNNA tell ya they're 'five-&-1/2'?
harumph!
so! even tho' *I*no im about to enter my 59th yr-a life, i can *only* ~claim credit~ four 58ys, but rite now, im *only* 57
or sumtin like that....
harumph!
so yes, havna yet Made A Choice bout how/if im ack!in my age - well, duh! i am, here, now (be!)
more stuff to share, but need to (yano it!) Get Flat for a bit

{{ISURVIVE!!}}
Last edited by Serenity on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
there

Re: reisha's 2018 thread

Post by there »

Reisha,
Good points you make about seasons and how to count b'day.
Yeah, right, one's AcTUaL 1st birthday is when really born.
Sliding scale age?
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

LOL!!! slidin scale age - oh my!!! :lol:
Last edited by Serenity on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hey reisha,

Happy solar return. By the way... I shall always be older than you. No matter what. lol Celebrate however you do. Sending you happiness~~~~~

with care,
Harmony
reisha

Post by reisha »

TeeHee, {HARMONY!!} - thanks, i feel SUCH the kid! ;)

~~~***{{{VEGAS!!!}}}***~~~
sum-a my old/ex/co-workers were there. no one 'seriously' injured (thank ya, uncle bobo!) but folx SOOOOOOO traumatized; more shows to go on, NEXT!
insomnia last nite, i saw the early reports/videos. amazed at .... the shooter, AND the response!!!!! these {{{{1ST RESPONDERS!!}}}} wow! im SOOOOO impressed, SOOOO humbled. the way the crowd came together - im actually *proud to be human* for once. say what ya will about }c/w music!{, the fans HAVE {HEART & SOUL!}
im speechless, numb, disgusted, & cynical & bitter - *INO better'n ...* t' think that maybe, just MAYBE, this time it'll be different. hell! im more inclined to ..... (the following is said sarcastically, NOT seriously) .... apparently, i can just .... GET a fully automatic gun, & ammo, & .... just blast away at any group-a innocents i want to. cool. wherre do i sign up? can we/ start w/ washington, the gun lobbies, the NRA, FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!#)*()@&#@!&$@$yur@jjqkye(*@q#y^(*!^#*!(#^!)*&)#(!)&#^*!#^!)*(^#)!!!!!!!!!!!!
recover

Post by recover »

sending care and support to you on your new thread reisha.
yes it is a horrific tragedy in vegas. glad your friends were not injured although i am sure they are traumatized.
with love,
recover
there

Post by there »

Good gosh! You can't go to sleep without some horror being committed! Was doing better tonight, now not so sure!
Makes me so sad.
Freaking gun violence, wtfrig??
((((((All of us))))))
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Banana

Post by Banana »

Hi reisha

Ooh sparkly new thread! I love what you've done with the place. :lol:

My heart is breaking over what happened in Las Vegas. I'm so sorry some of your old co-workers were there, although I am very glad to hear that they aren't seriously hurt. When things like this happen, it can be so easy to despair over all of humanity. What I find beautiful time and time again is the way that ordinary people respond. There were literally hundreds of people waiting to donate blood, having to wait hours just to do so, and other people providing food and water for those waiting. Those caught up in what happened helped each other as much as they could. Emergency services and first responders ran towards danger rather than away from it. My heart will always break when things like this happen but my spirit is buoyed by the way people come together for good. I hear you though.

Leaving a big ol' pile of hugs.
Banana
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia
reisha

Post by reisha »

<sigh!>
.... & {{{PETTY!!!}}} too.
its gettin hardin to find 'heros' every day.
or, ~another one bites the dust!~
shed One, Solitary tear so far.
but 'public home movies' are on a kinda ..... 'muted soft focus' replay. - thinkin-a various 'hairy (work) situations.
thinkin-a all those 59 families gettin The Worst news; the 3 still un-ID'd; the hundreds of injured; the MILLIONS affected by this.

well, i missed my 8:30am GI appt this morn - was up til 3:30 last nite, & slept thru the 10 minnits of alarm (on Full Volume, no less!) @ 6:30 ......
<sigh!, disgusto face!>
... AND! - t'would appear (like It Is!!)that i will *NOT* be gettin hit w/ a $200 co-pay for the 'buttpoke' epidural/nerve block - (sched'd 4 this thurs - need-a-driver, i've talked bout in old thread) as i quickly canceled/nixed THAT idea, b-u-m-m-e-r!!!!! cuz i was SOOOOO lookin forward to the reLIEf those bring, grr!!!! :cry: - l4 & 5, & sac joint. been DREAMIN-a .... the ability to sit/stand/WALK w/out hurting, figiting after 3 minnits.... ARGH! thiiiiipht!, HAR-f'N-UMPH!!!!
Last edited by Ashia on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1000miles

Post by 1000miles »

Hi Reisha,

I always admired Tom Petty as an artist. Sharing your sadness about his being gone from this earth.

1000miles