reisha's 2018 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

reisha

Re: reisha's 2018 thread

Post by reisha »

lost a big loe post - grr!!!

been in pain falir last month
got dual epidurals (both sides) this sludge(non-slop) cocktail: 3 different steroids, lidocaine, pain med & a mild anti-biotic - ass in air again .... - hit both peraformis nerves ( the big, main ones that run down the back-a yer legs) hurt like F***!!!!- seems to have helped a bit - prior to that, it was constant elevated pain levels, w/ frequent spikes. (suspect 'moving' the culprit) - charley horses; & every other 'old ding' actin up too - havna had a bad like this for YRS!!!! - & altho my butt/hips/legs are 'dialed down', the rest of body still in flare.

lotsa other stuff (as usual) that im too pooped to type (as usual)
int'view 1st ihss candy-date, er, candy striper, er helper, er .....? t'marra morn (ug!) ( there, when ya read this, h hope ya'll chuckle)

fleur - lost post was all about sproink ( the new furbaby)

harmony - a while back, ya made a quip bout flowers in ones hair - just wanted to letchano that dinna escape my notice, & i smiled to think of ya so close.

thinkin-a so many here - courage & recover & dewd & jb, & iwt, & folx from long past, & ......
to all others who mite read - thank ya

{{{ISURVIVE!!!}}}}
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi reisha,

Here reading along quietly.
Wanting, hoping the pain spike takes a hike and never returns.

Caring,
Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Oh Reisha feel for you re losing long post extra pain and all the other things going on in adverse ways

Sproink and Goo getting along OK?

Apology I have no idea about reference to candy striper

Really hoping negativity settles soonest and you can enjoy last of summer

Very very soft hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
recover

Post by recover »

hi reisha,
thinking of you too.
been in a real bad place, catching up now on folks.
sending healing hugs and love.
recover xo
reisha

Post by reisha »

{{RECOVER!!}} - how wonderful to see ya drop by!!! ive been neglectful & absent lately, so i understand what ya mean - no worries, dear!!

{{courage!!}} thank ya

{{FLEUR!!}} i SOO appriciate yer posts!!!

i havna been goin online lately - just .... isolating(?), not up for it. dont *feel* depressed, but my (lack-a) actions sure reflect it - mostly just bed-slugging.

well, im 3 wks into havin my 'cook/maid/senior helper'. (18 hrs/wk; 74 hrs/mnth). she cums for 2 - 4 hrs a day, m - f. while its nice to have sumne to cook, clean, wash my hair for me, run errands & p/u me from drs; i feel guilty. its not like i CANT do this stuff; just that i um ... dont - or, dont do em well enuff or ....
but im learnin to get over that, use what energy I do have for things like ... (?!) crafting (ha!) - lately, ive been 'bed slugging' - readin a book a day, or just kinda dozing, watchin tv. need to (sumhow!) change that.

also thinkin lots bout age, aging - as my bday comes up early next month - & as i enter my 6th decade (but only get to claim 59, cuz-a how we 'count age') - kinda want/wish for a party, but fear no one'd come - i been so 'anti social' lately, so tween this, & that (getting helper) i guess im .... (not) processing alotta stuff very well.

i feel bad for not keepin up w/ everyone, & ino y'all dont mind, & understand - still, i *wish/want* i could - i dunno what it is, why im so .... reluctant(?), unable to be here. i dont *think* its fear, necessarily, but there's def a ... block of sum sort. i dont understand it. but its also true w/ my DH site too - & fakebook?! - argh! forget it!! i hardly go there anyway. that site does feel WaaaaayToo public. but here, & the DH site are both tiny lil backwaters - safe places (for me) on the net. so why im unable, unwilling to 'play' in either atm kinda boggles my mind.
anyway, i was/am here now, kinda - but now im goin, cuz i been online/sittin for a coupla-a hrs now, & need to Get Flat for a bit.

love to all who read this
{{{{ISURVIVE!!!}}}
Last edited by Ashia on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

Lovely to read from you. Ta for sharing

Conserving energy for positives in life - as in crafting - sounds great

Get the feelings around having a regular helper, but ... Way to go, girl! You've sought assistance from various agencies a long time it seems to me. Please enjoy being pampered. Hopefully also means you are consuming more (& more delicious) calories

Social isolation? Unusual for Reisha, aka party girl? May you have a lovely birthday celebration, whatever you do

Leaving softest hugs for you along with pats for kitty cats
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
reisha

Post by reisha »

:~> {{FLEUR!!}}
a while back, ya asked bout 'candy striper' - in US, in hosp, they usta have young (hi school, collage) girls volunteer. they wore ~cute~ lil pink & white striped dresses & hats. they'd bring in the flowers & cards, plump pillows, offer cheer (tea) & comfort. & earned 'bonus points' for community service. ( i also think its responsible for the whole 'naughty nurse' fantasy many men have - ymmv, of course)

sproink has 4 modes: pet me, rub my belly; DONT pet me - i JUST got my fur the way i like it, & now ya've put fingerprints all over it (harumph!); crashed kitty; & 'evil lil beastie' mode, which involves bouncin like litenin AllOverEverywhere, attackin my ankles, & annoyin goo. - goo is so funny - 'in public', she does this low growl thats *almost* a purr to keep sproink at bay. but when im not there, i've cot her nose-2-nose w/ the kitten, groomin her, sharin food bowls. so ino goo's just posin, still mad at me for bringin this interloper home. its takin time, but we're makin progress.
sproink is really sweet tho - she's very gentle w/ me when she plays. she like to hug my arm (for belly rubs) & nose me in the morn w/ lil kitten kisses ( aka wake up - my foood bowls empty!) she'll curl up next to me - esp when im hurting, & just puuurrrrrrr.... & i think she mite be a 'fetcher' - she runs round w/ her toys in her mouth. i have a 'notta beanie baby' stuffed snake thats bout 2 - 3 ft long. she drags it all over, attacks it & 'kit shicks' it. the funniest thing she does is - on her cat tree, she'll be on her side, kit shickin wunna the posts, & she ends up kinda spinnin round the thing - its hilarious to watch. she's a joy & a pleasure.
{{plunk!}} is still in the freezer :~< - the creamatorium wants SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!! i've got $45 put aside so far. ( it was $80, but i hadda dip into it :~<) i really wish i could bury him. ive never NOT buried a pet b4, & even tho i wanna be cremated, it seems ... 'wrong' sumhow to cremate him, but that (burial)aint gonna happen here.... <sigh> plus, its now illeagal to do so (unenforcalbe law)- alTHO ...... i am thinkin-a askin my helper to drive me to a ... 'discreet spot'.... i dunno ...

OH!!!!! 'big' news (notice both the small 'big', & the quotes, ha!) - 'gem' invited me to her 70th bday party this wed. - dinner @ a local (to me) restaurant, then a show after. i'll at least go to dinner, & be prepared to pay my own way. dependin on .... how it goes/who's there, i *may* go to show (if i can beg a ride home from sumone). i havna really talked, or dealt w/ her for ... more'n 1/2 a yr. but, there'll be enuff other folx there for me to bounce offa where i wont hafta deal w/ her to much (i hope!) - & it'll do me good to see other friends. still, pls pray for me, lol!!!

well, think thats it for now. thanks for reading
love to all!!!
Last edited by Ashia on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included
there

Post by there »

reisha,
Thanks for the update :)
New kitty adjustment for all. So cute reading her exploits, goo's reactions. You seem happy about Sproink. (coolest name)

Praying to Universe for good energy for reisha when sees gem.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

Oh thank you so much for amazing word pics re both Goo and Sproink. Could Sir Plunk be buried on equivalent of 'Crown land" - in forest for example? 600 is a lot of cash

Appreciate explanation re candy stripers

Re Gem's party - with you on wanting to spend time with others. I hadn't realised that she is much older than you. Really hope you enjoy social event

Wishing you and fur babies a beautiful day
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hi kids

I just completed a computer class at my building and have a new Samsung Galaxy 5 tablet that has speech recognition. I'm trying it for the first time. It seems to work okay. But I'm thinking of there and when she uses hers. At least my typing is better this way.

Yesterday my helper and I had a sort and organize project of my rubber stamps. She didn't know how what rubber stamps were so I showed her. I had a list of categories Dash animals, and birds and insects. She didn't know the difference between them. I explained birds fly animals don't. She kept asking which one is this? And even when I told her she would still put them in the wrong categories. At one point I told her that birds have feathers. She said she didn't know that. I'm thinking WTF?! She is 54 years old. How can she not know this? Is she is dumb as a rock? Or maybe she has a learning disability. In any event Dash I don't even know what to think... concerned? Flabbergasted!! Confused? I don't even know.

Well I need to get ready for Jim's party parentheses ugh and parentheses. Wish me luck!

Love to all

Brackets I survived brackets

Well speech recognition works pretty well but I'm still figuring it out and there are a few things will have to keep working on