these feelings are so hard:(

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

greendiva23

Re: these feelings are so hard:(

Post by greendiva23 »

Starfish,

I submitted them:) figured it out after all. They aren't up yet but will be soon:) thank you for caring.

I am finding myself using art a lot lately to cope/express feelings . For one thing, I enjoy it. But it's also anchoring and helps give shapes to thoughts and feelings.

Talk soon,
Greendiva
~~Rule your mind or it will rule you~~
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Greendiva
Very much looking forward to looking at them. :)
May you have a peaceful night.
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

greendiva, cant seem to find them on this site :| hopefully you can give more direction to site..... glad you are doing constructive art.... i would love to feel healthy enough to express in that way...have my coloring book and pencils maybe will bring them to ocean today and color...... hope you are feeling your time is being used effectively during this time off!!!
Starfish
greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 »

Starfish wrote:greendiva, cant seem to find them on this site :| hopefully you can give more direction to site..... glad you are doing constructive art.... i would love to feel healthy enough to express in that way...have my coloring book and pencils maybe will bring them to ocean today and color...... hope you are feeling your time is being used effectively during this time off!!!

Hi Starfish ♡♡

The pictures weren't up yet, but they are now. Now that they are I'm feeling really anxious and vulnerable about it, but that's okay, I guess that in and of itself is healing.
I hope you are able to tap into your creative side, Starfish. Sometimes I print colouring pages off the Internet to just colour in if I don't feel well or strong enough to "create". I find it relaxing and grounding, and sometimes it relaxes me and opens up the door to some more creative stuff. Don't know if that sounds like smething you could do, but it's something that has helped me:):)

I feel really good about how I've been using this time off work. I'm finally having time and safety to really get into the healing work. It's been hard and painful at times, but also so freeing and empowering. I'm nervous and happy about it. And guess what? I am making big changes. I can't believe it, I can't believe it's me doing these things, it almost doesn't feel like it could be. But I have decided that I'm leaving my current job. My "return to work" plan will be to not return to that job. I feel guilty but I don't want to work in inpatient oncology. It's too hard, it's too much, and I am choosing not to do it anymore. I have an interview this week for a homecare nursing job and another with an infusion clinic. I'm nervous but not that bad, can you believe that??

Anyway. Today is a good day, I'm happy to be able to say that, it's been a while. I slept all night last night without waking up even once, it has been MONTHS at least since that has happened:):):)

Hope you're well Starfish, I love you!

Xoxo
Greendiva
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Greendiva)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
So happy to read that you're changing jobs and that you've been feeling better and happier! Sounds like real progress, so wonderful! Sending much love to you, and hugs too, if okay.
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

(((((((greendiva)))))))) so happy to hear of your news of quitting job....sure makes sense now, looking back at how you felt about going to work and being at work....totally makes sense that you would come to this decisions particularly since there are so many options in the nursing care business........ good you listened to yourself and took the break ....gave you space to realize what your next step needed to be!!
tried to go on the art site but seemed to be some red tape and the hotel here has slow internet so will have to wait until my vacation is over to check it out....if you have any tips for entry please let me know as i am not even sure which to pick on Board Index.... will look forward to seeing it in a few days...
love what you said about "just coloring"..... i will look on internet to find pages to color also....thanks for the tip.
nice to hear update and keep it up!!!!
Starfish
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Greendiva!

Hope you don't mind me commenting and a couple of your threads.
Just wanted to say how touching and beautiful your artwork is! Is resonated with me deeply for several reasons - one being that daisies hold a special symbolism to me/us. Especially in the context you included them. Wow wow wow. :). I hope you can continue to use art / creativity as an outlet / processing tool as it feels helpful.

Congratulations on finding the courage to care for yourself by leaving your old job and being open to different avenues. As a recipient of in-home nursing, and previously working indirectly with them on a professional level, I think every in-home nurse I have known-spanning ages from early 20s to early 60s-they've all commented how they love it. (Not all aspects of course, but you probably know what I mean)

All the best to you on this portion of your journey......
greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 »

Starfish,

Glad to hear you are on vacation!! I hope you are enjoying yourself and getting some well-deserved rest!

In terms of accessing the artwork, it is the very last board on the main index page. The link to access the artwork page is in there, but you need a password to get in (which you simply have to email Jonesy for ) I hope that helps♡♡

Always a treat to hear from you Starfish, love you!

Couragetoday,

You are more than welcome on any of my threads!! I value and appreciate your input and support so much. I am so overjoyed and pleased that you liked my pieces...it was a risk to share them but you have helped to ease some of that worry now:)

I'm excited about the upcoming job change. I always felt that I wasn't good enough, that being seen and being new somewhere would be really shameful and distressing. But more and more I am realizing....that it's not that way at all. It's okay to be new at my job and not totally confident and proficient. That's expected and normal. In my book the author talks about how adults resulting from childhood abuse and neglect don't learn that it's okay to not be fully capable, to need help, to need time to learn and practice and safely make mistakes, and that's where all those feelings are coming from. I'm trying to remember that when the anxiety and worry about "change and something New" become overwhelming.

Anyway thank you both for your kind words and for stopping by:)

Love,
Greendiva
recover

Post by recover »

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((greendiva))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Greendiva)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Thank you for suggestions about dialoging with my Inner Child and for your love and support. I'm thinking of you this a.m. and wondering how you're doing. I love you and am so grateful for your presence here.