Changes are sometimes good

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

BlueWeepingRose

Changes are sometimes good

Post by BlueWeepingRose »

I don't talk to many of my old friends anymore, the ones who weren't there for me and I'm focusing more on my true friends who were there for me and who do support me. For awhile I felt sad about it, but now I'm feeling happier and lighter. I'm no longer sad about the friendships that didn't work out because I know I can't control their thoughts and feelings about me. I rather have people in my life who truly do care about me and want the best for me. I'm happy with the decision I've made and I feel lighter than I did before. My true friends make me happy and put a smile on my face. They truly believe in me and tell me constantly that I'm a strong person. :D
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changes are sometimes good

Post by Harmony »

Dear BWR,

I like this thought. No longer do I chase down friends who don't call anymore. One sided relationships are not real friendships. True friends reciprocate with one another. It has taken me some time in recovery to realize I don't endlessly owe my friends. It is a give and take for both parties. I can be selective in my friendships!

Thanks for the reminder,
Harmony
1000miles

Post by 1000miles »

I relate to friends who don't call. Made the decision a while back to just let them go. I was the one who made all the arrangements to get together. Decided if they wanted to see me they would contact me. They didn't. So they didn't want to see me. That's kind of a blow, but it's better to face it than to keep pursuing a degrading situation. I need to make new friends. Not easy, especially starting with none. Working on it.
there

Post by there »

Hi, BlueWeepingRose,
One old friend was not only not there for me, she was there against me. It's been the hardest thing to let go of my hope.
Still in the process of releasing the attachment inside.
I'm so glad you have true friends.
Like 1000miles, I'm working on it. You give me hope! Thanks.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.