What was the last book you read?

Games and fun things to talk about.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

chickadee

Re: What was the last book you read?

Post by chickadee »

I love reading!

I'm currently reading:
  • The Courage To Heal, by Ellen Bass - recommended by my t. Lots of insights into why I am the way I am.
  • Parenting from the Inside Out, by Daniel J. Siegel, MD- recommended by my h's t. This is a good book about emotionally connecting with your children, and being a good parent.
  • Death in the Floating City, by Tasha Alexander - turn-of-the-century mystery set in Venice, with a smart, strong, stylish detective and her dashing husband. Purely escapist, purely for me!
-chickadee
"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb." - Najwa Zebian

chickadee
there

Post by there »

Ooo, I'm always looking for enjoyable escapist literature! Will look for that one, chickadee!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
enough

Post by enough »

I'm a massive reader - often to be found in a mega 5 floor bookshop in (location removed) Needing some really, really light relief - I've some poetry - not within my usual, suppose highly amusing to me. There's also a national poetry library. Just so fortunate, :P
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed potentially identifying information
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Just for fun I read the book "A gentleman from Moscow: Rules for Civility" and enjoyed. It was a fun read about a kind and gentleman who makes the best of his circumstances. Not for healing just for enjoyment.
chickadee

Post by chickadee »

Hi Harmony,
I just read that book too and really enjoyed it!

chickadee
"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb." - Najwa Zebian

chickadee
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

So glad chickadee. It is nice to read about nice and civil people eh?

Happy reading,
Harmony
Closeyclo

Post by Closeyclo »

Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeve.
Potential trigger warning for gore and slight horror, but as a fantasy genre book it's amazing and I can't wait to get stuck into the sequels :)
A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.
johnram

Post by johnram »

Sometimes i feel i read too much self help, but seeing some of your lists makes me feel thats ok

i do mix it with other tales too

good topic
ephes

Post by ephes »

there wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 pm Ooo, I'm always looking for enjoyable escapist literature! Will look for that one, chickadee!
Whelp, they're classics but when it comes to enjoyable escapist literature "The last unicorn" and "Dune" are good reads:)
ephes

Post by ephes »

Fleur wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:43 pm Wonder Cats, true stories of extraordinary felines - Ashley Morgan

Some tales are poignant, some sad, a few funny, others are inspirational, and several thought provoking (how DID the animals survive?) Whilst including animals from international as well as historical sources, many stories are from UK Cat Society Award annuls
Oooh! Wonder Cats! Love it, thanks for the inspiration!
Last edited by ephes on Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.