What was the last book you read?

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

chickadee

Re: What was the last book you read?

Post by chickadee » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:30 pm

I love reading!

I'm currently reading:
  • The Courage To Heal, by Ellen Bass - recommended by my t. Lots of insights into why I am the way I am.
  • Parenting from the Inside Out, by Daniel J. Siegel, MD- recommended by my h's t. This is a good book about emotionally connecting with your children, and being a good parent.
  • Death in the Floating City, by Tasha Alexander - turn-of-the-century mystery set in Venice, with a smart, strong, stylish detective and her dashing husband. Purely escapist, purely for me!
-chickadee
"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb." - Najwa Zebian

chickadee

there

Post by there » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Ooo, I'm always looking for enjoyable escapist literature! Will look for that one, chickadee!
"Don't live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable." Wendy Wasserstein

I used to be abused. Now I'm just amused.

enough

Post by enough » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:09 pm

I'm a massive reader - often to be found in a mega 5 floor bookshop in (location removed) Needing some really, really light relief - I've some poetry - not within my usual, suppose highly amusing to me. There's also a national poetry library. Just so fortunate, :P
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed potentially identifying information

Harmony

Post by Harmony » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:14 am

Just for fun I read the book "A gentleman from Moscow: Rules for Civility" and enjoyed. It was a fun read about a kind and gentleman who makes the best of his circumstances. Not for healing just for enjoyment.

chickadee

Post by chickadee » Wed May 23, 2018 2:46 am

Hi Harmony,
I just read that book too and really enjoyed it!

chickadee
"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb." - Najwa Zebian

chickadee

Harmony

Post by Harmony » Wed May 23, 2018 3:15 am

So glad chickadee. It is nice to read about nice and civil people eh?

Happy reading,
Harmony