What was the last book you read?

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

chickadee

Re: What was the last book you read?

Post by chickadee » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:30 pm

I love reading!

I'm currently reading:
  • The Courage To Heal, by Ellen Bass - recommended by my t. Lots of insights into why I am the way I am.
  • Parenting from the Inside Out, by Daniel J. Siegel, MD- recommended by my h's t. This is a good book about emotionally connecting with your children, and being a good parent.
  • Death in the Floating City, by Tasha Alexander - turn-of-the-century mystery set in Venice, with a smart, strong, stylish detective and her dashing husband. Purely escapist, purely for me!
-chickadee
"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb." - Najwa Zebian

chickadee

there

Post by there » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Ooo, I'm always looking for enjoyable escapist literature! Will look for that one, chickadee!
"Love yourself, for no one can be closer or spend more time with you...Remain aware, for you are now new." Sr. Corita Kent, artist

"I used to be abused. Now I'm just amused."

enough

Post by enough » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:09 pm

I'm a massive reader - often to be found in a mega 5 floor bookshop in (location removed) Needing some really, really light relief - I've some poetry - not within my usual, suppose highly amusing to me. There's also a national poetry library. Just so fortunate, :P
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed potentially identifying information

Harmony

Post by Harmony » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:14 am

Just for fun I read the book "A gentleman from Moscow: Rules for Civility" and enjoyed. It was a fun read about a kind and gentleman who makes the best of his circumstances. Not for healing just for enjoyment.

chickadee

Post by chickadee » Wed May 23, 2018 2:46 am

Hi Harmony,
I just read that book too and really enjoyed it!

chickadee
"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb." - Najwa Zebian

chickadee

Harmony

Post by Harmony » Wed May 23, 2018 3:15 am

So glad chickadee. It is nice to read about nice and civil people eh?

Happy reading,
Harmony