BFG

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

SunChild

BFG

Post by SunChild »

I went to see the new BFG film yesterday afternoon - in 3D - for my inner child. If 3D cinema had been around in the 80s she would have loved it! I'm glad I can experience it with her now, and feel her sense of wonder and magic.

I used to love the BFG when I was a child. I read it, and then often daydreamed about travelling around on the BFG's shoulder, having conversations with him. Often I would do this as I was going to sleep, to make me feel safe. Watching the film now, I can see why I identified with it so much. Although my parents were both there, I felt like an orphan inside. And when the BFG first captures Sophie, she is terrified, but then realises he is kind. I think I was always hoping my abuser/father would suddenly switch and become kind.

I've been feeling closer to my inner child lately, and doing nice things for her. I hope she is coming back to stay! 8-)
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: BFG

Post by Jonesy »

8-)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Fleur

Re: BFG

Post by Fleur »

Very happy for you, SunChild
Last edited by ajei on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed trigger from MT to NT
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur