Just as we are

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Just as we are

Post by Jonesy »

To my beautiful, precious girl

You are going to be ok.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Don't know who you were directing this to today Jonesy but thank you.
Really needed to hear it.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

It was for my daughter (and reaffirmation for myself) but I am super glad it spoke to you too Couragetoday.
She is having a bit of a rough time.

It's not for everyone, but I gave my girl a copy of a wee booklet called, 'you are going to be ok' by Melody Ross - in fact there is a video of it on YouTube.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

jonesy, just watched the video of melody ross reading her book "you are going to be ok"...made me do a deep cry...I recommend anyone to check it out for a bit of encouragement. Made me realize, after all i have been through....all those life experiences, all the dark moments in all my 61 years (when I really have not felt like I was going to be ok)....that I ended up ok and today, I am ok.
What a great message you shared with your little girl, Jonesy. I will share it with my little girl inside and anyone else I meet along the way. Sometimes just being ok is the best thing in the world.
Starfish
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Jonesy,
Hope your daughter (and you) will be ok. Hope the booklet will lift her spirits. Don't know how old she is but being young/teenager these days poses lots of new challenges.
Glad it had a rippling effect and helped you too starfish.
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

thanks couragetoday...yes, i was thinking pretty much age 12 up to 110 the booklet could encourage.... I am even thinking (if you buy 7, you get free shipping in usa) of stocking up just to give when appropriate (thinking of 2 people i know it would help right now).... thanks again for sharing that link Jonesy!
Starfish
recover

Post by recover »

thank you jonesy, i love it. i bought some, i am giving one to my niece and one to myself. and i bought some extras...for my kids, friends.
you are a wonderful mom.
i love you.
recover
Shine

Post by Shine »

I just watched the video too. What a wonderful message. I cried a little too. You are going to be ok. Thank you
facingmytruth

Post by facingmytruth »

Your daughter is so lucky to have such a loving mother and vise versa ,much support to you both,you are both going to be okay,you have each other.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Jonesy,
I came across this it’s from some time ago but the sentiment and meaning will never change.
I don’t ever remember my mother saying those words to me.
But me- I say I love you to my daughter every day and I’ll be telling her she is amazing and special and enough when she wakes up in the morning.
Makes me jealous to be truthful.

But grateful I read that.

Thank you.

Shirley
There is always a silver lining.