Just as we are

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Starfish

Re: Just as we are

Post by Starfish »

jonesy, wow, this touched my heart this morning.... this sunday morning .... recalling until recently that sundays were so terribly lonely and difficult for me....and not this sunday morning my heart is full .... I saw so many others who i recognize respond to your post and my heart got full that they were there with you also...

Do you "get it" how amazing it is for me...... -moi..... this neglected, disconnected, isolating (inside feelings) person to feel (inside) warmth and connectedness to you and the others????

I am alone in my home this morning.... all of my life I have felt so alone, especially when I actually am alone..... this morning I feel supported and hopeful and even sort of full....gratitude, acceptance....... I know the journey is difficult....in an hour who knows what emotion i will be wrestling with...but for now, this moment..... I am very grateful.

ps.....when i am with my kids and grandkids later.... i will tell them how awesome they are...... thank you so much for the reminder!!!
Starfish
Shine

Post by Shine »

Lovely :D
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi BrokenButterflyWings, there, Starfish and Shine

Thank you all for being here with me.
Unconditional acceptance. That's isurvive.
Whoever you are, whatever you bring. Caring, sharing, supporting. Always someone around.
Starfish wrote:Do you "get it" how amazing it is for me...... -moi..... this neglected, disconnected, isolating (inside feelings) person to feel (inside) warmth and connectedness to you and the others????
Yes, I get it in a massive way.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Aw. :) that's a lovely anecdote to share, thank you. :) I don't have any children, but I always find it heartening these days to see others giving love, attention and kindness to their sons and daughters. That's how it should be, and it's a beautiful thing. :)
WMich1281

Post by WMich1281 »

I bet, you really made her day. :) She really felt happy after that. Its so awesome to have a mother like that. Giving you some random thought whenever. She's so lucky that you're her mother!
Last edited by ajei on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed trigger from MT to NT
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi dancingfish and WMich1281

I feel like the lucky one. To have her.
Thanks for your words, means a lot to me.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

beautiful!!!
Starfish
recover

Post by recover »

ditto!
HealingHearts

Just as we are

Post by HealingHearts »

TheMother never did this ... Ever. We would have thought it was some sort of trick if she did. It is a blessing to have a mother's love. It makes children whole and able to deal with the world. You are a good mother ... She is blessed.
HH
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added NT
Together we are stronger...
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

yes, healinghearts... it is such a stark reality that some mothers can never be there for their children and oh, the pain it causes... may we all remember to speak those kind, encouraging , welcoming words to any child who comes into our lives!
Starfish