Survivor's Bill of Rights

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

amalivo6

Re: Survivor's Bill of Rights

Post by amalivo6 »

i understand and beleave 100% for others and my children but not for me sorry it's how i feel and sorry if i shouldn't say this
Last edited by Harmony on Thu May 24, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed from MT to NT
HealingHearts

Post by HealingHearts »

Thanks for posting this. It made me cry. I think I will write down one each day to think about and process. That's a lot of rights I have never felt like I had some of the rights...

Thanks

HealingHearts
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed MT to NT
Together we are stronger...
booknerd

Post by booknerd »

Thank you for posting this. I need to believe these things and I need to carry them out in life. Every day is a struggle but today has been especially hard and reading these helped a lot.

It is so hard to think that these are all basic rights that I have been denied for so long and I don't know how to gain them back.
cyan

Post by cyan »

What an excellent list, and definitely a daily reader for the time being. Thank you for posting it.
daveenf62

Post by daveenf62 »

Thank you so much. Just what I needed this evening.
Mae

Post by Mae »

Thank you for posting that I really need to read the bill of rights everyday, I have spent what feels like my whole life taking responsibility for my abusers actions. I think its time for a change

Mae
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun May 26, 2013 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Be Strong you are safe
River

Post by River »

We might want these rights...but it doesn't mean we get them. Others can take them away and we don't have any choice about it if we want to live or not get hurt. But, yeah I can dream about having them one day. Not sure how realistic they are in "having them." I'll have to admit most of them I've never even heard of or thought about. So, I do appreciate being able to read them anyway and be hopeful. Although some of these rights I've realized after reading them that I've been standing up for and fighting to have and it is working out for our good. So kutos for that!!!! :D

River
River

Post by River »

We have rights.

Spike
tommy

Post by tommy »

Spike, River,

Yes, you do have rights. You continue to make choices each day regarding your rights, safety and healing.
River

Post by River »

Better late then never.....thanks Tommy for believing in us and reminding us we do have rights.

Bumping this Thread.....if ok. I think the first page is so good and helpful reminders. Thanks Gizmo for starting it and letting us all know we have these rights.

Spike