Nice to know I'm not alone

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

FindTheStrength

Nice to know I'm not alone

Post by FindTheStrength »

I am 39, married with 2 amazing children and I am a survivor of an entire childhood of abuse. I am the strong one for everyone else. But it's a struggle right now. Thank you for this group. I am glad to have found a place where I am not alone and I don't have to pretend to be ok and can share my real feelings. And reading your stories and struggles strangely gives me comfort and acceptance for not being 'normal'. This heaviness has just engulfed me and the PTSD has intensified so much. I can't escape the flashbacks right now and I will have to ask for help. I am glad you are all here.<3
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Nice to know I'm not alone

Post by Jonesy »

Hi FindTheStrength

A very warm welcome to isurvive - so glad you found us
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Harbor

Post by Harbor »

Hi FindTheStrength

I'm glad you are here, too. Already you have a good insight into what you need and how we can help. That's an excellent place to start from.
"'Safe Harbor' is a state of mind... it's the place - in reality or metaphor - to which one goes in times of trouble or worry. It can be a friendship, marriage, church, garden, beach, poem, prayer, or song." -Luanne Rice
solana

Post by solana »

Hi FindTheStrength,

A warm welcome from me too. You are certainly not alone. Glad to have you here.
You are stronger than you know.
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

Welcome. I am glad you joined. I know the pain you describe too well. I hope you find the extra support you need here.
~ Genesis 💔