New to forum

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

shiningsun

New to forum

Post by shiningsun »

Hello,
I made this account months ago but have always put off posting something. I'm 21 and have just started processing (even fully realizing) what happened to me as a child. I have really struggled with my mental health since those years of abuse (its hard for me to even say that word-abuse) and have definitely had opportunities with professionals in institutions/therapeutic programs to process it, but no one ever asked the right questions, asked about the people who did this to me. The blame was always placed on me "being a slut"/being promiscuous, even though it started when I was 12 with adults. I'll probably share my story in another post. This post is mainly just to put myself out there. I am just feeling really isolated in my life and need people to talk to about this.
Thanks for your time xx
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Shirley

Re: New to forum

Post by Shirley »

Hi shiningsun
Not sure I have many words but just wanted to welcome you here. I’m sorry for all you have been through to get here but glad you made it here.
Welcome from me .

Shirley
There is always a silver lining.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi shiningsun

A warm welcome to isurvive. So happy you finally made it here to say ‘hi’ ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi again shiningsun

Just stopping by to see how you're doing. Hope you've had a chance to look around to get a feel for the place.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org