Sooty's introduction

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Sooty

Sooty's introduction

Post by Sooty »

Hello everyone.

I'm so glad I was directed here. I endured abuse of a sexual nature as a child. I've never spoken about it properly to anyone. Something happened which was too close to home for me and which has brought it all back. I'm not sleeping very well, I'm irritable and it's affecting my relationship with my husband and my children.

I lifted the phone to confidential organisation who suggested that this forum may be the right place for me to gain support from others who are going through their own recovery and who will truly understand so here I am.

I'll no doubt find it difficult but I expect the first step to all this is facing it. Thank you for reading

Sooty.
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Sooty's introduction

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Sooty

A warm welcome to isurvive. Very glad that you found us.
I smiled to see your user name, cos it's the name of my childhood teddy - he's a bit threadbare but still with me ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi Sooty,

I also welcome you. Immediately I thought what an apropos name since the air in our area is very full of smoke. You are not alone. This is a great place to find support and feel more comfortable with one of the most uncomfortable issues to deal with in life. Everyone here will believe you and listen.

with care,
Harmony
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

Thank you both for the welcome, it's greatly appreciated. I just chose the name because it reminds me of something I loved as a child.

I'll post more information soon, probably in the members only section though
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no specific triggering language
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Welcome, Sooty.
I'm glad you're taking the step to healing the pain you endured. This forum is a wonderful place to support you.

take care,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi