Osiyo! Hello!

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

FallenStar

Osiyo! Hello!

Post by FallenStar »

I’m FallenStar, a 37 year old mixed indigenous woman. I am physically disabled, chronically ill and mentally ill. I have my bachelors degrees in Creative Writing and Anthropology. I’m unable to work due to my disabilities, so I try to work on writing my science fiction novel.

I am happily married to a loving man who helped me to escape the long years of severe and repeated mental, physical and sexual abuse at the hands of my parents, step father and step brother. I was abused continually from the age of two or three up until I was 24 years old. The emotional abuse unfortunately continued until I was 30 and cut off all ties with my only surviving parent, my mother.

I see a psychiatrist and have a therapist. My therapist is using a therapy called EMDR to help me process the trauma in my past. Recently, I had a PTSD nightmare that I was being sexually abused by my mother and I woke up very disturbed but ultimately my body reacted in a way that I was not prepared for.

I began having terrible feelings of guilt and self doubt along with disgust at myself. My depression worsened and I became suicidal. I reached out to help with the suicidal feelings to my husband who was wonderful. I’m no longer actively suicidal but I still sometimes have passive suicidal thoughts. Mostly, I feel alone. Which is why I sought out this site.

Thank you for allowing me to join.
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering content.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Osiyo! Hello!

Post by Harmony »

Welcome FallenStar,

So glad you found our little safe haven. Lots of good people here support one another while healing. You are most welcome.

with care,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi FallenStar

A very warm welcome to isurvive ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Welcome to isurvive, FallenStar. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi again FallenStar

How's that novel coming along? Looking forward to reading more from you when you have time
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
FallenStar

Post by FallenStar »

It’s so nice of you to ask. The novel is coming along slowly and it’s difficult to keep working on it with my depression and ptsd symptoms but I’m not giving up!