Hello New Here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

shetoocomplex

Hello New Here

Post by shetoocomplex »

Hello I’m new to the group. After years of asking myself “What’s wrong with me?” I came to a point in my life in which it was time to find out. After 30+ years, it was only the last few months I was actually ready to face the truth. Initially I was working in 12 step programs such as Sex and Love addicts Anonymous and Overeaters Anonymous. Yes these are only symptoms of the real issue-- unresolved child sexual abuse that took place between the ages of 4-6 year old by an uncle (my mom's brother). After a few months of a deep look within and on my self-discovery journey as I learn some new words, I learned that I’m a Adult Survivor of Child Abuse, dealing with Sex and Love Addiction, depression, and co-dependence. While my primary focus now is going back to the root cause of everything -child sexual abuse/trauma/alcoholic & gambling dad/cheating mom through ASCA and working with a therapist, it is equally important to deal with the sex and love addiction concurrently. I have had history of going from relationship to relationship all unfulfilled, two marriages and two divorces. Intimacy issues, confusing love with needs, using sex when i'm in emotional pain, and low self-esteem. Writing and journaling, participating in discussions, email loops, telephone meetings and meditations have put my sex and love addiction at bay and helps me avoid isolating while I’m also going through withdrawal. I’m happy to say I’m 17 days sexually sober. Finding ASCA was a big missing piece to the puzzle. I now believe I have all the tools while I continue a journey of healing and recovery. This is my story and I look forward to sharing more about my experience, strength and hope.
Serenity
Director
Director

Re: Hello New Here

Post by Serenity »

Hi shetoocomplex,

Welcome to isurvive. It sounds like you've been doing lots of hard work to help yourself and heal. I'm glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Hello, shetoocomplex :)
I really liked how you explained that you feel as if you've gained all of the tools you need to continue on your healing journey. Such a positive mindset. I can tell that you've persevered through very hard times in your life. I'm sorry that your uncle abused you and that you have struggled because of it. It seems like you're taking back your life from that trauma.

take care,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi shetoocomplex

A warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
shetoocomplex

Post by shetoocomplex »

Thanks Everyone
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering content included.