hi, new member :)

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

alotoflove

hi, new member :)

Post by alotoflove »

hi everyone, i'm alotoflove. i'm looking forward to talking to others here! i'm a survivor of childhood abuse, and i'm looking to finally start healing. i am dissociative, but this was only recently diagnosed. for a long time i was told i was hearing voices with no connection to trauma and i had various different diagnoses and explanations, but medication did not get rid of the "voices" and the things they said were related to trauma. they had their own personalities, and i felt like i needed to work on my underlying issues in order to improve my problems

it took me a while to disclose the abuse, there are abusers i still haven't disclosed about yet. i am afraid sometimes that if i keep disclosing, there will come a point where i will be told "that's too much, how could all that happen to one person". i have not always been believed, so i worry that in the future i will be disbelieved

right now i have a psychiatrist who does believe me and we're working on finding me a therapist. it's been a really big thing for me, telling others about the abuse. i'm looking forward to starting a therapy that addresses the trauma

what else about me? i'm in my 20's, i like music, video games, books when i can concentrate on them long enough to read. the other parts, they say hello too. i'm not sure to use their names or not, because i don't want to give too much personal information. but anyways, the other parts besides me are listening and waiting to see how things go before they say more

oh and i forget too mention, i am also an artist, i draw and paint. not professionally, yet anyways, as i don't currently have a job. i am on benefits because of how poorly i have been doing the past few years. but i hope to improve one day and support myself. working on my healing is a new concept to me, for so long i thought, everything will always be terrible, things will never change. but that was not true and i have already done what i thought i could never do and told people about the abuse. so now i just have more steps to take on my journey. hopefully i can even help others on their journey as well! anyways, thanks for reading and listening to me :)
Last edited by Serenity on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as merely mentioned triggering topic
Noname

Re: hi, new member :)

Post by Noname »

Hi alotoflove,

Welcome to isurvive. I'm glad that you've found a Pdoc (psychiatrist) who's helpful and hope that you find a T (therapist) soon. I can relate to the fear of being told "that's too much", and not being believed. Unfortunately there are lots of people out there who choose not to believe that these things happen. But here you will always be believed, because here we really get it. I look forward to seeing you, and your parts, around.

NN
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi alotoflove,

Welcome to isurvive. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
alotoflove

Post by alotoflove »

Thank you Noname and Serenity! I very much appreciate the welcome!

I typed out a longer post in a different area of the forums, with details of my abuse. I would not recommend reading it unless you are in a good place to not be triggered, and even then with caution.

Anyways thank you for believing me. It is very powerful to believe someone.

And I am glad this community exists and provides support. We are all hurting, but still, even in pain, to see other people reaching out to help each other, it makes me happy. I am sorry any of us were abused, that anyone is ever abused, but i am glad we support each other.

Thank you.

*Edited to change the warning to green, i didn't mean for it to be yellow*
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi alotoflove

A warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org