Sort of new here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Kaybes

Sort of new here

Post by Kaybes »

Hi all! I am sort of new to this site. I signed up a while ago but cannot remember if I did any posting or not to introduce myself. So here it is:

I am the survivor of CSA by a brother of my mother. My mom knew it was going on and did nothing to stop it. I have been in therapy for a while and am learning a little about new coping methods and trying to make a move toward healing. This went on from when I was 9 months until I was 14 years old. So the first 14 years of my life essentially. I know that there were things wrong with it and that he was wrong in my head. Being r by someone who is 18 years older than me is just not right but for whatever reason I cannot seem to accept that.
I was also r repeatedly by a cousin a year older than me very violently. This has it's own issues.

Here I am trying to function in adult like and trying to make my way through the world but flashbacks, body memories, and nightmares do not help with this. I am angry a good majority of time and when I am not angry I am depressed. I know there are ways to move through my life but I cannot see a light in the closet of secrets.
Anyway that is me in a nutshell.
Last edited by quixote on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed trigger warning from NT to MT.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sort of new here

Post by Harmony »

Welcome Kaybee,

You are not alone in this. Hope you find some company for healing from this harm.

with care,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Kaybes

A warm welcome to isurvive
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Kaybes

Post by Kaybes »

Thank you!
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Hello, Kaybes :)
You've survived a lot of trauma and you're reaching out for help. That is an amazing thing by itself.
I also have body memories, flashbacks, and depression. My anger has not been tapped into yet. I know it is there, though.
I'm glad you've shared with us what you're going through. I hope it helps ease some of the pain.

take care,

wolfspirit
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
quixote

Post by quixote »

Kaybes,
Sorry to hear about your a****. Glad that you are here, and posting.
quixote
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Kaybes

Hope that you make it back here to write again soon. There is a lot of support to be found amidst some pretty awesome people.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org