Evening All

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Bodiquarikku

Evening All

Post by Bodiquarikku »

Just wanted to give a short introduction, lol in saying that first thing that comes to mind is saying hi im ..... doh!
I live in New Zealand, am 42, was sexually abused by my grandfather from the age of 5 thru to 16, from 12 to 16 was raped weekly.
So hows that for blunt? It always amazes me how few words are needed to state what happened, when the reality is so very different.
I had the chance to confront my abuser, ended up taking him to court when he was 94 (no statute of limitation here), won the case. Some days I feel like it was the best thing ever I did, other days, I wish I had never stepped foot into that courthouse.

I am slowly becoming human again (no offence intended), am still working through my healing process tho most days am frustrated it isn't a faster process.

Righteo, well umm cheers :p
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no specific trigger material
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Evening All

Post by Harmony »

Hi Bodiquarikku

Big welcome to you from isurvive. We are here to support you in your healing journey wherever it is at the moment. Sounds like you have done loads of work so far.

I appreciate your straight forwardness. It is true that the words to tell what "happened" are short. In reality the experience is a life long process of getting back to where you would be if an adult hadn't harmed you in such a heinous manner. We get that here. We listen and understand. Very little advice here mostly we share our experiences.

I appreciate you sharing that just because you "won" your legal case it wasn't "over". Lots of members need to hear your experience. It is very individual but you will hear lots of commonality to the experience.

again a warm welcome,
Harmony
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Hi Bodiquarikku,
Thanks for being so upfront and honest. It doesn't change the aftermath and effects you had to deal with because of him.
Welcome to isurvive; we are good listeners.

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Bodiquarikku

A warm welcome to isurvive - sorry I missed your post earlier ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
mina

Post by mina »

Hello Bodiquarikku bless you and Im beyond sorry you experienced that horrible abuse growing up especially by someone who should've been a trusted family member and not the opposite. I also experienced sexual abuse growing up and boy do I know that trauma good lord, but you can heal and you are and no matter how bad it made you feel you are always innocent and pure and good and whole and worthy and deserving of all the beauty life has to offer you, because your you and what you survived and it sounds like you have a sense of humor like me lol,,let that be one of your gifts that helps you make it through the darkness into the light ..one day at a time :D
quixote

Post by quixote »

Bodiquarikku,
Welcome. You were straight to the point and I can appreciate that. Your honesty and your humor should help you in your healing process.
quixote