First time here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Titanium9

First time here

Post by Titanium9 »

Greetings everyone,

I am a female in my early 40's, married with an office job.

After my family reunion awhile back where lots of my little nieces were there, the past started to haunt me day and night, multiple times a day. On a daily basis, I fight trying to stop remembering and reliving what my adopted cousin did to me few decades ago.

I cry at work, at home, in the car, falling asleep, waking up, cooking, walking the dog....My brain has made it its mission to seek our words around me that bring on the pain.

I've seen 2 counselors so far and writing in a journal helps.

I avoid violent tv shows, the news, street signs that would bring on the anxiety.... I scribble over certain words with a black marker on products to keep my sanity. My counselor says at some point, I have to live my life and cannot remove things from my life. Until then, thanks for allowing me to be here.

T9
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: First time here

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Titanium9

Welcome to isurvive, glad you found us. Many will empathise with your words
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Hi Titanium9,

Welcome to isurvive. Sorry for the reasons you are here but happy to meet you.

Take care,
iwillthrive
quixote

Post by quixote »

Titanium9,
Welcome to Isurvive. Thank you for sharing information. What you describe sounds similar to my experience. The first memory was quite sudden and unpleasant.
quixote