Tech Questions and Information

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

tabby

Re: Technical Questions in regards to using isurvive

Post by tabby »

Thank you for checking into that. For now i am allowing it each time I use it.
They will likely need to upgrade.
I don't feel too comfortable with the notion of a skip box fix.
Thanks to the tech team for all the work you do here.
tabby ... Just keep your head above... Swim
tommy

Re: Technical Questions in regards to using isurvive

Post by tommy »

tabby and all,

I have emailed you tabby to make sure you have bookmarked the most recent chatroom link.

All members can find it here: http://www.isurvive.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3242.

The AddonChat team is working on updating things on their end since the Java update. As of now, it appears if you access the chatroom from our updated link, you only encounter the warning message as I described above, requesting permission to use the AddonChat application.

We will keep working with them and appreciate your communication and feedback as well.
tommy

Site Was Down

Post by tommy »

We wanted to express our apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced by not being able to access the site earlier. The server was down for a few hours but everything is back on-line and functioning properly.

Thank you, GrowingTree, recover and River for making contact so the team could troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
GrowingTree

Re: Site Was Down

Post by GrowingTree »

My pleasure! Thanks for working on it so quickly!
GrowingTree
Fleur

Re: Site Was Down

Post by Fleur »

Thanks for explanation Tommy
Great site server was out only a few hours
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Jonesy
Director
Director

Chat room

Post by Jonesy »

Hi everyone

Just to let the chat users know that they may come across a username of; addonInteractive Support.

Please do not be alarmed, as it is just the tech team investigating an issue with delayed messages.
It would be helpful if you could let me know of any problems you may also be experiencing.

Thanks
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
fight4me

Re: Tech Questions and Information

Post by fight4me »

Hi

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. But do you know if I am able to access the chat rooms via mob phone. I have an ihone 5 ..

Thanks fight4me
ChipmunksRunFree

Post by ChipmunksRunFree »

Can a sticky be made somewhere, letting everyone know that zero replies to a post doesn't mean that other posters are purposefully avoiding you, but that (at least I have to tell myself that) people are just not able to come up with the inner resources required to reply at the time, since they are suffering so much as well?

Or could there be made some sort of rule that a moderator will reply to such a post with a quick and simple "Listening to you. Keep sharing." post ?
"A chipmunk for you..."
*plucks out the most beautiful flower and gives it to you - a baby chipmunk curled up and sleeping within its petals!...*
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi fight4me

I have only just seen this post - did things get resolved? Please email me if needs be.

Hi ChipmunksRunFree

Please know that we (as Moderators) try very hard to ensure that every post receives a reply. Sometimes things slip through our net, but we are only humans doing the very best we can. If there is something specific that is bothering you then please send me an email. We really do care and only ever want to do our best for you all.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
ChipmunksRunFree

Post by ChipmunksRunFree »

Hi Jonesy, so sorry if I seemed to imply that the moderators weren't doing a good job! :oops: I need to clarify. I was just thinking of other members of iSurvive who may have had the same thoughts as me. I'm sure there are others who may also get triggered upon seeing no replies. I think that to share such innermost intimate things about ourselves with an anonymous audience is a tremendous leap of faith... and when there is no reply for a while, it can be absolutely horrifying.
A sticky could be a positive reminder that zero replies do not mean zero cares; it just means that this community is small and tight-knit. Just a thought. Feel free to discard :oops:
"A chipmunk for you..."
*plucks out the most beautiful flower and gives it to you - a baby chipmunk curled up and sleeping within its petals!...*