Tech Questions and Information

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Technical Questions in regards to using isurvive

Post by Jonesy »

Hi misc

I know the feeling of frustration when losing a post only too well. Using the back button on your browser, as becomingbutterfly has mentioned, is always worth a try but it's a good idea when writing a longer post to use word then copy and paste it in.
I have learned this lesson the hard way and still get caught out on occasions.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
misc

Post by misc »

Thankyou becomingbutterfly and jonsey,

yes will have to try all ideas, i have pressed the back button before and it returns to the page but its empty,never mind will have to try to remember to do as suggested..its just sometimes i write a post not meaning for it to be so detailed and then i just take to long..
many thanks
safe hugs
misc..
I will surprise myself and others and get through another day..

Diversity is one thing we all have in common..celebrate it every day..
HealingHearts

Post by HealingHearts »

Hi Vince,

I feel like I'm talking to the wizard behind the curtain at Oz. I'm sure Jonesy mentioned this but now you will see it first hand -- the post without a trigger! But that's not why I am writing.

Can you please add a heart and a hug to the emoticons? Since you are a techie I figure if anyone can do it it would be you! A vomiting one would be great too! We just hate being limited in the expression of emotion now that we are getting accustomed to emotion.

Thanks Vince. You rock!!!!
Together we are stronger...
tommy

Chat Log-in Issues

Post by tommy »

Mobile Devices
There has been an issue with accessing the chat room from mobile devices this week-- seemingly isolated to iOS devices (iPhones, IPads, etc). As of this hour, the issue seems to be resolved. Please be in contact if you continue to have any mobile log-in difficulties.

Computers
Some users have been experiencing difficulty between their browsers and the latest Java software update so have not been able to access the chatroom.

Users can reinstall Java specific to their computer's operating system by following the instructions below:
1. First, un-install any version of Java you're currently using
2. Click on the following link: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
3. Scroll down to find the operating system that you're using
4. Click the download link for the version recommended for your operating system.
***Select the offline download as this method works very well, especially for users of MSIE v7.0 and higher, and users of Windows Vista.***
5. Download the file to your desktop.
6. Close all open browsers
7. Double-click the file you've just downloaded to begin installing Java

Another reported issue is that Java's latest version is running in 64 bit and some browsers are running in 32 bit (ie Google Chrome). It seems the solution of installing an older 32 bit version of Java can solve the problem.
Users can go here: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and download the 32 bit version of Java.
Another quick successful solution is to access chat using a 64 bit enabled browser such as Firefox, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer.

There is additional information for Windows Vista Users here: http://www.isurvive.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19

Please be in contact if you have any difficulties or continued issues logging in.
Magical Thinker

Re: Chat Log-in Issues

Post by Magical Thinker »

Hi Tommy,

I am still unable to log into chat. It says that the forum is "closed". I'm using my IPad. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can you help? Thank you.

Magical Thinker
tommy

Post by tommy »

Magical Thinker,

We were able to reset your account and check that it functioned properly. I will email you the details and hope that this resolved the issue. Thanks for your patience.
Magical Thinker

Post by Magical Thinker »

Tommy,

Thank you so much for your help.

Magical Thinker
mercurial rivers

computer n posting problems? [ we're new ]

Post by mercurial rivers »

please forgive it this is not right place to post this....new n still learning

twice today, n 3-4 times since joining, this site has disappeard w/a couple different error msgs

we have little to no immediate recall so never recall just what is said, n we are very unskilled w/computers

so, were able to copy the msg, n since it says to contact administrators but clicking there resulted in nothing;

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

No such file or directory [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

does anyone kno what this is/means? or why this may be happening

we do have dispute w/isp, but no clear indication that its them

we're ignorant of terms so have no real clue as to "isp" n all the other

just wondering if its the site, or us, or if any ez fix, or others experience this?

plz correct us if need to move or change this post

m/rivers

ps....we have NOT received the same msg ea. time....ea occurence has been different ????

also, we THINK it occurs when we click "back" arrow, or at least once, after htting the "preview' button when posting

except for the wonderful access....we HATE computers :x :x :x [ cuz we never learned n they make us feel STOOPID!!! n thats a frequent trigger......ugh..........

thanks m/rivers
Last edited by mercurial rivers on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
HealingHearts

Re: computer n posting problems? [ we're new ]

Post by HealingHearts »

we think it must be conspiracy

like the friggin GOAT curse :shock:

Is hard to be a HAWKS fan huh???

BAM!!!!

PS...you not dumb. We think you are quite brilliant :geek: :geek: :geek: (even gots on my sun glasses) :D
Together we are stronger...
mercurial rivers

Re: computer n posting problems? [ we're new ]

Post by mercurial rivers »

freaking out here

we KNO we posted reply here to hh, used trigger warning cuz referred to "conspiracy" then said to look a new post we'd make

then we started new post place in the did forum, it was done, and IT disappeard

wuz our post here moved? just wondering......

n this keeps happening

its a problem

not happening to us outside this site....

anyone?

cant deal w/this........seriously

m/rivers