the Cafe' is open, a place to just be, welcome to all...

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Fleur

Re: the Cafe' is open, a place to just be, welcome to all...

Post by Fleur »

Each to their own Jonesy!

Know many folk have food sensitivies, so I'm searching for recipes
Hard to find vegan without coconut, nuts, gluten, sugars .... let alone the other things such as certain fruits

Still hunting

Wood Fire stove be cosy
Have 1 here but fill house with smoke when i lit
I applaud your skills
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Anyone up for a little star gazing? Seems there is a high chance of seeing the Aurora Borealis in the skies of my land this week. Need this fog to clear first tho, smile.

*dusting down isurvive's version of The Hubble
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
BrokenButterflyWings

Post by BrokenButterflyWings »

we were supposed to see them here last week but the city is too gross to see them :( I've wanted to see them my whole life just as much as I want to see the ocean... I hope you get to see them. *crosses fingers for clear skies* :)
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear Jonesy, BrokenButterflyWings

I trust that the iSurvive telescope worked such that you enjoyed the Northern Lights

Has been years since I saw the Southern Aurora but it was so spectacular that I can almost still see it in my mind's eye

May your wish be granted BrokenButterflyWings that you see the ocean one day

I am blessed to have had the opportunity of seeing the Pacific and the Southern Oceans from mainland Australia

When I was on holiday a while ago it rained heavily from just before sunset throughout the night so we had mud and puddles to navigate next day
I was feeling a bit out out, until I watched a family from inland who had not ever seen rain - children ranged from 2 to 7 years
They had a magical beautiful time making mud pies and getting thoroughly dirty
Changed my perspective in an instant
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Xyraxus

Post by Xyraxus »

In the far away land from which I come, I have heard stories of a place called the Cafe'. A place of wonder, a place where worlds meet but a place a law unto itself where peace is valued above all else. I stand outside the door. A door that can only be found when it is being looked for. I grip the handle, take a deep breath and step inside. Immediately I relax. This place is indescribable, a soothing balm for the weary traveler and I have traveled far. I soak in the stillness for a while before I come in further towards that delicious freshly roasted coffee smell. A coffee would be wonderful right now. They even have soy cream here, sweet. I spot the fireplace and a warm spot on the floor. So glad that I have come to this place. So glad that this far from my homeland I am able to feel at home. The room is well lit but shadows offer me privacy. I fluff out a blanket, kick off my shoes and settle down with my delicious coffee and my journal. Music wafts over to me from the jukebox, it is a song I have not heard before but familiar all the same. I close my eyes for a moment. Just a moment and am greeted by peaceful dreams.
Cows have hooves because they lactose
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Welcome To the cafe Xyraxus
Welcome To iSurvive

Glad you've made yourself comfortable
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Xyraxus - you nearly made me cry with your words. May I join you for coffee? Quiet sitting is plenty fine with me and I'll keep the music coming.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Xyraxus

Post by Xyraxus »

Anytime, Jonesy.
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Am reclining upon chaise longue beneath shady garden tree
Cool drinks, delicious snack food at hand.....

Welcome any company

Tinkling water feature, birdsong
Non-allergenic scents in air

Tranquillity
Xanthia
Xyraxus

Post by Xyraxus »

I've finally made it out to the garden. I had thought that nothing could lure me away from the cozy interior of the Cafe but eventually I get curious about the rest of the place and so I begin to explore. I get up quietly taking care not to disturb any neighbors and organize my few belongings in an out of the way nook I have taken to frequenting. I leave my little alcove without thought towards my personal belongings. It is safe in here.

The light coming through the slatted doors I am heading towards is pleasant. I had thought I would need a few moments to let my eyes adjust but the tree canopy diffuses the light and stains it a rich green. Even the air smells green. Light dappled with shadow paves the pathway before me. I hear the gurgling of a nearby stream as it splashes musically on the stones. Birdsong fills the air, directionless and sweet. I feel the miles melt away as tension eases from my shoulders. A deep sense of longing fills me and I want to belong to this garden the way the trees do. I feel the earth keenly under my feet and for a moment I wish I could take root in the dark soil and feed on the stillness and the weight of eons until my soul is full. My eyes drink in the beauty around me like they have never before seen color. A sweet and occasional breeze tantalizes and I realize that I have been standing in one spot for quite some time. I shake off a gentle lethargy and begin walking once more. My toes scrunching in the soft and fragrant soil. When did I take off my shoes?

Through the trees I see branching paths leading to various and unknown parts of the garden. In the distance I see a clearing with what seems to be benches and chairs. Maybe another day, I think to myself. I breathe deeply, inhaling the spicy scent of pine and cedar. One hand trailing along a conifer as I commit to getting as lost as I can in this ancient grove for a time.