Your Board of Directors

An area for important announcements and reminders regarding isurvive.
This section will keep you updated with what's going on within our organization.

Moderator: Jonesy

Board_of_Directors
Board of Directors

Your Board of Directors

Post by Board_of_Directors » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:25 am

Dear Members

We want to introduce ourselves, the current Members of the Board, to you. This is an important step forward for us, but one that we believe will help show you that we are all in this together.

Please understand that our names have been withheld for reasons of privacy.

Chair - I joined as a member in 2009, became a Moderator in 2010 and then joined the Board in 2011. My background is in Primary Education.

Vice-Chair - I joined as a member in 2005, became a Moderator in 2009 and was then elected to serve on the Board in 2012. In my daily life, I design courses and help to guide young people in their careers for a small college.

Treasurer - I have never been a member of isurvive. I have a background in banking and finance and was invited to become the Treasurer in 2011.

Secretary – I came to isurvive in 2009, became a Moderator in 2012 and joined the Board as secretary that same year. My background is in marketing and advertising but I am currently a full-time mom.

Communication Committee Chair – I came here in 2011. I am a science teacher in a college and while obtaining my Masters in Public Administration, I was required to pick an organization to get to know and work with. I picked isurvive because they were so helpful and inspirational for my sister in her healing. I have never been a member, but have given my heart to them for how wonderful isurvive is.

Moderator Representative - This position is rotated within the Moderating Team on a yearly basis.

Member Representative - I joined as a member in 2008 and was invited to join the board in 2014. I have a background in health care.

Honorary Member – Has connections with the organisation which span many years, receives the minutes of all meetings and is kept up to date with news.

We meet every 3 months via Skype - our goal is to continuously find ways to improve your user experience and safety, as well as to keep the site as helpful and engaging as possible.

Some of the things that we have accomplished include:

● A new interface for the forums

● Several new and protected forums for different groups in our membership

● Moderator representation on the Board

● Member representation on the Board

● Additional moderators for the forums

● Enhanced communication with the Board of Directors through the addition of a Board-specific email

● An upgrade to a dedicated server which; increased the speed performance, ensured greater security and reduced traffic issues

● Production of isurvive.org business cards to help reach more people

● The addition of Google Translate

We are currently seeking new suggestions and ways in which we can improve the site for you.
Please send us an email (isurviveboardofdirectors@hush.com) or post here if you have ideas for our community.

Thank you for reading.

reisha

Re: Your Board of Directors

Post by reisha » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:41 am

thank you, all, for all you do

{{{{{{ISURVIVE!!!}}}}}

Harmony

Post by Harmony » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:52 am

Thank you BoD for your efforts.

You are appreciated,
Harmony

Fleur

Post by Fleur » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:53 am

Thank you for sharing who and what your interests are apart from iSurvive

Appreciate difficulty in managing site when BoD are in geographically diverse areas

Well done
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur

mustard seed

Post by mustard seed » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Thank you for this post. I can appreciate the difficulty and the dedication you face and posess.
You are doing a fantastic job! Much appreciation for your efforts.
ms

Board_of_Directors
Board of Directors

Post by Board_of_Directors » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:00 am

Thanks to those who replied to our initial post.

What does isurvive mean to you?

Having been a long-time member, I can tell you that isurvive got me through the worst time of my life…it got me through the darkest hours when I was new to the idea that my abuse had really affected me – that I really wasn’t living, but merely existing and not doing so well at that.
For the longest time, I thought I was alone. I thought that I had to carry the shame, the embarrassment and the humiliation with me to the end, an end that was closer than I dared to admit. I don’t even remember how I stumbled upon isurvive. I just know that, when I did, and when I first started reading the stories and posts, I began to realize that there were others like me. That I wasn’t “crazy” and that maybe, just maybe, there was hope for a brighter tomorrow. Finding isurvive literally saved my life.

One of the most important things that I have learned in my time here is that no matter what is happening or how bad things might seem, there is always hope. As a now thriving survivor, I know in my heart that it is my responsibility to keep hope alive for the next new member who may be feeling hopeless.
Please join me in helping to keep hope alive.

Each year, we ask the membership to consider donating if they can – there is really no amount too small and, in fact, http://www.isurvive.org/support-us/ offers ways in which you can support simply through shopping online for products you might be buying anyway.
Please visit the support page and see if you might be able to help us. Your support is truly appreciated. You are important.

isurvive is here because we, the membership, keep it going from year to year to year and we, the membership, continue to give back “what we can, as we can.” The core of isurvive is us – the members.

So please visit http://www.isurvive.org/support-us/ to look at the different ways in which you can participate. If you can, choose one and give back to our community – your help is truly needed and appreciated! If you can’t right now, that’s okay, too. We know that not everyone is able.

May the coming holidays bring you all that you need and at least some of what you wish for!
Feel peace, all of you.

Vice-Chair

recover

Post by recover » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:49 am

thank you board of directors thank you so very very much.
recover xo

GrowingTree

Post by GrowingTree » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:52 am

Thanks to every single one of you.
Thanks for your time, sensitivity, energy and sacrifice.

This is the number 1 forum I have ever used.
GrowingTree

Fleur

Post by Fleur » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Wishing all Directors, Administrators, Technical staff and Everyone who helps to keep iSurvive continue to serve members:
A very happy, healthy, safe festive season and excellent 2015
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur

dragonfly

Post by dragonfly » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Thank you, board members, for all you do. It's nice to read a profile of each of you that includes who you are personally and what you do on the board.

dragonfly