Further Guidance on Trigger Indicators

An area for important announcements and reminders regarding isurvive.
This section will keep you updated with what's going on within our organization.

Moderator: Jonesy

Jonesy
Director
Director

Further Guidance on Trigger Indicators

Post by Jonesy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi everyone

The responsibility of selecting the appropriate Trigger Indicator lies with each member who posts, and I extend my thanks for your continued assistance on this.

The Moderating team have the additional responsibility of making a judgement call if they feel a post is not showing the correct Indicator and making any appropriate amendments.

Following some recent confusion amongst some members regarding why the Moderators had amended their Indicators, we would like to share the following with you;

• Regardless of content, the use of profanity within a post will instantly merit a yellow MT.
• Regardless of content, excessive profanity within a post (upwards of 3) will instantly merit a red ST.

This may seem over cautious to some, but, as we can never tell what will trigger another, we are trying to cover all bases with the introduction of this Guideline.

Please know that it is never a problem for the Moderating Team to alter Trigger Indicators if needs be – it is part of our role here.

Visually impaired members will continue to have discreet adjustments made to their Trigger Indicators when required.

I hope this is helpful for you, but please feel free to write here if you have further questions and one of us will respond to you.
You are important
Email: jonesy@hush.com

River

Re: Further Guidance on Trigger Indicators

Post by River » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks for the clarification and the further guidance on trigger indicators and for ALL you's do. Much appreciated.

River and all of us

Fleur

Post by Fleur » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks Jonesy

Appreciate all that you do to keep Isurvive such a friendly, safe evironment
Also appreciate Moderators checking over posts
I know I slip up - I think one colour, moderator another, trigger warning

I take this opportunity to not only say thank you, but to wish you all a happy, safe festive season followed by an excellent 2014

Fleur
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur

becomingbutterfly

Post by becomingbutterfly » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Read and understood. I think this makes a lot of sense. Thanks Jonesy + mods. :)
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl

Scarlett

Post by Scarlett » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks Jonesy :D

Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:32 am

You guys are very welcome and thanks for your kind words. You made me smile.
You are important
Email: jonesy@hush.com